Am I on target?? Where I should be? Stressing lately

dee492
on 6/28/10 3:50 am - Chandler, AZ
I had my surgery Dec 16th and have lost 105 pounds, which I know is a great accomplishment and I am very happy about it to say the least. I feel great and can do so much. I love being able to shop in a "normal" store. I went from size 26 to a 14 and it feels amazing. BUT.... I have been in a stall a FUNK for a little over 2 weeks...I am stressing because I go for my 6 month follow up at Dr Blackstone's office tomorrow and see someone I dont even know and I don't get to see the NUT. I just feel like I am not where I should be.. what can I do better.
They're plan is 3 meals a day no snacking, ppl on the main board suggest adding meals and increasing protein, but then I would not be following my program, and I am trying to be a "by the book" kind of gal!

HELP
        surgery 312                     current 184                       goal 150          
JRinAZ
on 6/28/10 5:23 am - Layton, UT
On June 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM Pacific Time, dee492 wrote:
I had my surgery Dec 16th and have lost 105 pounds, which I know is a great accomplishment and I am very happy about it to say the least. I feel great and can do so much. I love being able to shop in a "normal" store. I went from size 26 to a 14 and it feels amazing. BUT.... I have been in a stall a FUNK for a little over 2 weeks...I am stressing because I go for my 6 month follow up at Dr Blackstone's office tomorrow and see someone I dont even know and I don't get to see the NUT. I just feel like I am not where I should be.. what can I do better.
They're plan is 3 meals a day no snacking, ppl on the main board suggest adding meals and increasing protein, but then I would not be following my program, and I am trying to be a "by the book" kind of gal!

HELP
Dee,
Having worked in the biz for quite a while; one thing I know for sure is that =losing continuously without some kind of rest period is very very rare.  If any of us were to graph our post-op loss....you can see the general downward trend overall BUT....little glitches of time (or plateaus) is just plain normal.

Kudos to you for following your programs protocol.  There is a lot of very good information available out and about and at some point you may want to jump on board with exploring outside of the box but.....your surgeon happens to be one of those who is in tune with the latest ASMBS guidelines and has always been ahead of the game with protein requirements.

Meeting with the new person may be a boost!  Be open minded, perhaps go in with a food journal so they can see your diligence and then mention the good advice that others on the main board have been giving you.  Each patient is unique in their losing patterns so one blanket "plan" may not meet your individual needs and you may need your program tweaked a bit.  In general, most surgeons recommend increasing:  exercise, water, protein and decreasing:  carbs, calories, cheese, salt.

Congrats on your success so far!  You'll keep rockin your WLS if you stay focused.  Don't let a little plateau stress you out.  Your body may be losing some inches while the #'s on the scale are hanging tight.  Also....don't rule out the weather changes.  Our bodies hang onto fluids in the heat....just hydrate!!!

Keep us posted!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

beckipoohbear
on 6/29/10 2:51 pm - AZ
 Make an appointment with the NUTS! Do they still give out that little flex card for 4 visits w/ either the exercise ladies or the nutritionists?  Use it and visit with them if you are having issues or are concerned.  They are also very responsive via email.  

And you are doing GREAT so far!!

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

dee492
on 6/30/10 3:53 am - Chandler, AZ
Thank you ladies...
        surgery 312                     current 184                       goal 150          
mikiec
on 7/9/10 5:31 am - Peoria, AZ
Stick with Dr. Blackstones recommendations.  I decided to try other plans and have been fighting a slight gain..  5 lbs over the past 4 months.  I am going back to Dr. Blackstones recommendations and get back on track.

mike

Most Active