Is there such thing as a cheap(er) fill?

sunshine86
on 6/29/10 7:34 am
My surgeon has been giving me minimal fills... and telling me to "call back if you have any questions or concerns."

I called back because two days after my fill... I was back to feeling zero restriction. The two ladies I spoke to in the office blew me off and basically told me I was "out of luck" unless I was willing to schedule and pay for another appointment. I'm not sure why they told me during the appointment to call back if I had questions or concerns... because they certainly weren't interested in hearing them.

Anyway... after this and a couple prior experiences... it's hard not to feel like they're trying to rack up charges. I hope that's not the case.. but that's certainly how it feels. The only time anyone will give me the time of day is when I'm handing them my dang credit card.

Soooo.... I'm wondering.... can any of you guys recommend a local place/facility/physician/etc where I can get my fills done without having to sign over my firstborn child? I won't have insurance until mid-September... and I don't have $500 just laying around.
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

JRinAZ
on 6/29/10 8:43 am - Layton, UT
On June 29, 2010 at 2:34 PM Pacific Time, sunshine86 wrote:
My surgeon has been giving me minimal fills... and telling me to "call back if you have any questions or concerns."

I called back because two days after my fill... I was back to feeling zero restriction. The two ladies I spoke to in the office blew me off and basically told me I was "out of luck" unless I was willing to schedule and pay for another appointment. I'm not sure why they told me during the appointment to call back if I had questions or concerns... because they certainly weren't interested in hearing them.

Anyway... after this and a couple prior experiences... it's hard not to feel like they're trying to rack up charges. I hope that's not the case.. but that's certainly how it feels. The only time anyone will give me the time of day is when I'm handing them my dang credit card.

Soooo.... I'm wondering.... can any of you guys recommend a local place/facility/physician/etc where I can get my fills done without having to sign over my firstborn child? I won't have insurance until mid-September... and I don't have $500 just laying around.
Dr. Simpson takes other patients (program fee?)  He used to give a few days for the person to determine if the adjustment was right and if there was an issue then he'd tweak til it was right.

Dr. Podkamini take other patients. (program fee?) 

Hop over to the Bandsters forum and ask about adjustments for our area.  There used to  be a gal from Prescott or Payson or somewhere in the mtns that would come down once a week and do adjustments.  I believe her name is/was Wendy? 

I wonder where all those folks go for adjustments who got their bands in Mexico?

Also....check out www.Fillcenterusa.com  I used to work with them through my plastic surgery office.  They charge a minimal fee and give you an allotted time to decide if your adjustment is right or not.  Nor sure they still have any locations in the valley?  Think of them as a gas station for bands.  They are dotted all over the USA.

Have you tried going to the "top" with your own surgeon's program to share your concerns/frustration?  It would seem that they'd want their post-ops to  be happy campers so that the "good word" would spread and others would knock on their door for biz.  Bad biz breeds a loss in biz!!!!

Hang in there!  .....  See you at support group at Banner Gateway next Tuesday?

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 7/12/10 1:47 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hey Sunshine,
I agree with Joyce.  I would check with Dr Pod to see what he has to say.  I know he only does fills under flouro (?)  they cost a little more money, but actually  I've only had a total of 4 fills and the last one was in Feb 2010.  He seemed to have hit the mark the last time and  I'm still feeling restriction.
Do you know if your new insurance cover fills? 
Good luck I hope it all work out for you.
Wendy
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active