AZ Roll Call.....

JRinAZ
on 7/6/10 2:15 am - Layton, UT
On July 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM Pacific Time, Darlene X wrote:
Hey Joyce,

Long time no see.

Im just chilling... I can't believe it's now almost 4 & 1/2 years since my surgery.... still just sitting at the same weight I have been for the last 4 years.

I hope all is well.

Darlene
Hiya Miss Darlene!
Long time no see but you can't get away that easy!  LOL!  I keep up with you over on FB!!!

Luv ya sweet girlie!  Congrats on maintaining your hot lil body for FOUR years!!!!!  You need to come to a support group and tell us all how to do it!!!!

Hugggzzzz from one ofy our U.S. "mums"!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Kyle H.
on 7/9/10 9:02 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I have been hovering about for a while, but not posting much. I stopped coming over to this board with the negativity that was going on a while back. I am not 6 1/2 months out and down 65 pounds. Diabetes is gone as is the sleep apnea. Feeling fantastic. I have started going to yoga, and now have a treadmill at home, but exercise just is not my thing, so am having to take slow steps to coax myself into it.

Have been having some frequent stalls....will lose a couple pounds and then sit still for a week or so. I am starting to think I just dont eat enough, cause when I have a big pouch day...that is when I seem to lose. So who knows. Anywho I am around in beautiful Flagstaff.
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 7/11/10 12:38 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hi Joyce,
I've been on vacation the last week. We went to Ca and the weather was in the 70's so needless to say I froze. LOL   I met my goal last month, really hoping to lose more. I guess my head hasn't rapped itself around the new me.  I have been working out at home and see how that works for now.  Hope to see you at the support meetings. 
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

JRinAZ
on 7/12/10 2:11 am - Layton, UT
Weigh 2 go Wendy!!!!!  Congrats to you on reaching goal!!!!

Fireworks

Joyce 

aboymom
on 7/12/10 5:36 am
I haven't been on in ages but my two year anniversary has made me remember how much I used this board in the beginning!

I'm down about 140.  I still would like to loose 10 pounds or so. I can eat anything I want and have learned I can put about 5 pounds back on before I freak out and get back on track.

I have ran 2 5Ks and am training for a sprint triatholon in the winter. I might not be at my goal weight but I've blown my fitness goals out of the water!  WHO KNEW I WAS ATHLETIC?!?!

I am going in for a lower body lift and tummy tuck this Friday so that will set me back some in the running/swimming mileage for awhile!
Lionetta
on 7/26/10 8:24 am - AZ
I'm going for my pre-op Thursday and am both excited and nervous. This time next month, I will be 8 days post op and I can hardly wait! :)

You guys really do help. Thank you!

Hugs!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

Nicole W.
on 8/8/10 4:05 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I am still around...  just don't have time for the computer much anymore, or actually making it a habit to be off of it at home since I am on one at work all day long!

I will be 4 years post-op come October.  I never reached by goal weight and I have actually gained 30lbs from my lowest 2 years ago.  I think it is a combo of enjoying life and getting away from the essentials.

Last summer I started having some B-12 issues and was doing injections weekly, I was losing hair and had major fatique, after tests, it was extremely low.  Now, I am only twice a month.  Getting my butt into the gym soon, once my back flare up calms down with my series of injections.

Got married 3 months ago to my best friend...  preparing to hopefully get pregnant this winter because I am getting old  LOL... but I gotta get my body fixed and b-12 under control before carrying a baby.  Maybe after a baby I will think about having my stoma fixed, as I think it may have been stretched after 4 strictures!  I keep in touch with Katie, who had surgery a few days after me with Dr. Blackstone, she was at my wedding and looks wonderful!

Hope everyone is well!

TinkerBell

JRinAZ
on 8/9/10 4:25 am - Layton, UT
Oh Nicole I am soooo glad you checked in!  I have wondered about you and missed all of your helpful and fun posts!

Congratulations on your marriage!  ....  I hope the injections work so you can continue to enjoy life and expand your family!!!!

If you ever get to the point that you want info on Revison options then shoot me a note and I can direct you towards some research and the surgeons that perform the various procedures.

Tell Katie hello!!!  ......  Hard to believe it's been 4 years for you!!! 

Hugggzzz to you friend!
Joyce 

Luvresia
on 8/9/10 1:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone, I'm still in the beginning stages....I have 4 more months of doctor monitored weight loss left....I just was diagnosed with sleep apnea and that was truly depressing....I really felt that I didn't have it.....so it was a let down for me personally. I have to get my labs done in November, give them to my doctor for his clearence in December....attend a class and wait for my insurance approval......I was praying (I spend time with God daily) thanking him for everything and was talking about my weight loss surgery (kinda thanking him in advance) and the date December 21st poped into my head........not sure but just have this feeling that this is my day.....My christmas present to myself....Well thanks for listening to me ramble......and I wish the best for all of you wherever you are in the process of becoming healthier happier people..........blessings
JRinAZ
on 8/9/10 2:54 pm - Layton, UT
Hiya friend!
December 21st sounds like a GREAT day to start a new healthy life!!!  Sleep apnea almost always disappears after WLS so you have great things to look forward to!

The road to skinny & healthy is often bumpy but the ride is sooooo worth it!!!!  Hang in there!

Joyce 

Most Active