AZ Roll Call.....

LessieBelle
on 6/25/10 10:03 am
Hi!  About 9 months out from surgery here. . . at a standstill with loss - High Weight was like 339, surgery day 313, now hovering around 220 - which is wayyyy better than I was, but I still want to lose more - like 20-30 more. 

Must continue to get off the couch I guess.  Found out that you really do have to continue to log your food - I just do it on here.  That has helped a little. 

Training for a half-marathon, probably walking it - in November and another in January - figure that gives me something to work towards.

Everyone - stay strong!

338 / 313  / 194/ 189
HW / SW /  CW / Goal   

Ann M.
on 6/25/10 1:35 pm - Peoria, AZ
Today is my 4 year surgiversary.  I have to say that I have gained back 20 pounds but I was too thin at my lowest.  I do want to lose 10 more pounds.  I have tried to up my protein.  My labs are great except for my thyroid.  My B12 is out of this world and I have been advised to cut down to 1 every other day.  My dexa scan wasn't so good and now I have to make an appointment to "discuss" the results.  Other than that, I'm swimming and I bought a Wii with the Wii Fit & balance board.  Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be working with that.   Now if I can get my joints and the rest of my body to cooperate and not decide to hurt.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
sedonagirl67
on 6/25/10 3:45 pm - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 11/16/10 with
I am pre-op but getting closer to a surgery date.  I got my labs done and the other tests.  So all I have to do is show my lab results to my PCP for her to clear me medically for surgery then it is all about the insurance approval. Have been learning alot from OH and my bariatric classes.  Feeling healthier now so I will increase my time in the pool.
Laurie  

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."  TH Thompson & John Watson

Jeannie O.
on 6/25/10 5:11 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
I'm still lurking here 4 1/2 months out and still struggling with eating and trying to regain my strength and endurance that was lost from having strictures, an ulcer and not getting any protein down in the beginning. 

But I'm trying to stay positive.

I did find a meal replacement shake at Hi Health with 21 grams of protein and if I add a banana, peanut butter, applesauce and ice to it it tastes great and I can't taste the protein in it at all!  So after only 2 weeks of getting at least 1 protein shake in a day I can totally tell a difference in my energy level actually so much so that I'm considering signing up at LA Fitness this weekend and start exercising!!

My goal is to attend support group at Banner Gateway more regularly to see if it helps with my frustration of only being able to eat a bite or 2 and then feeling full the rest of the day.  I thought I would be able to eat at least 1/4cup of food by now but I'm nowhere close to that yet and it is really starting to get the best of me.   

With Positive Thoughts, JeannieO.                                   
Karen R.
on 6/26/10 9:12 am - Peoria, AZ
I'm 20mnts out 75-80lbs down and feel great.Best of all my diabetes is in better control than it has been for 45yrs (I know a long time). That  is my most important NSV.
Michelle L.
on 6/27/10 4:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm just getting started. I had my first seminar and consult with the surgeon, and I met with my PCP last week. She's completely on board with this, so that made my day. The toughest part for me is going to be the six month diet and exercise program. I can do it (I've certainly done it before!), but I just don't want to wait that long. :)

I'm looking forward to being able to pick up my youngest without major back pain, working without getting exhausted, and completing a marathon. I have about 100 pounds to lose.
weezieweeks
on 6/27/10 2:18 pm - North Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone! 

I am 2 yrs and 3 mths out and in the last year I have gained back 25# - with 15 since the beginning of the year (yikes!).  Our Support group in Prescott - Tri City Weight Loss Support is working on Getting Back on Track with the last two meetings devoted to those 18 months out to come together and air our "laundry" - not all of it is dirty!!  I know I am feeling better and have been eating better, drinking better and exercising!  I know for me, I need to put my health way up above the rest of my "stuff" or I cannot get any done.  We did make a group on Facebook as another tool for us to keep in touch between meetings and have had some good posts, there, too.

Thanks for the Roll Call - Louise

High/Low/Regain/Today/Goal
      330/199/221/207/175

arizonagirl2010
on 6/29/10 9:01 am
Hi everyone...I had my surgery June 17, so I'll have two weeks this coming Thursday. Then I start the pureed diet. This has been a challenge for me but getting better. Looking forward to attending some after surgery meeting. I can see I need all the help I can get.
arizonagirl
Chris S.
on 6/30/10 7:46 am - Tempe, AZ
I am 15 months out from sugery and have lost 160 pounds and am a complete stand still.  The Dr's say I am probably finished loosing but I wont take that as a reason for the stand still.  I am not done and not where I want to be so I am working on getting back on track one step at a time.  I have mountains of things going on in my world right now and I trying to treck over them one by one which I am sure has a lot to do with my stand still and lots of old habits

For the most part I have had a couple complications from the surgery but nothing a little snip and stitch here and there did not fix.  I am dealing with a complication now that looks as though would need a revision type of surgery but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. 

My labs have always been good which is amazing to me and those that know me,

Darlene X
on 7/1/10 7:47 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Joyce,

Long time no see.

Im just chilling... I can't believe it's now almost 4 & 1/2 years since my surgery.... still just sitting at the same weight I have been for the last 4 years.

I hope all is well.

Darlene
Most Active