An rizona Board??So glad I found you! Getting a revision...hopefully

bubbles1
on 6/10/10 11:20 am - Surprise, AZ
I have posted on the other board because I did not realize AZ had a board...anyhow, I am in the process of seeking a revision from Dr Juarez from my lap band to RNY...Had the band for 7 years...total failure...before anyone says it...DS is not covered under my insurance so will not be going that route. Anyone out there have a band to RNY revision from Dr. Juarez....I am really terrified to do this, but I have to do something!!!!!!

JRinAZ
on 6/10/10 4:22 pm - Layton, UT

Sorry....just have to get the info out there.  "If" your insurance covers bands and Rny then with a little effort; you can get them to cover the DS as well.  www.dsfacts.com

There is also a Revision forum that has valuable info.  Just move your curser under Forums and you'll find it.

No need to be stressed over Dr. Juiarez.  He's a great surgeon with a great record and the Bridges program that supports him is excellent.

Good luck with your journey!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ReCurve
on 6/13/10 2:19 pm - Peoria, AZ
my advise just get the DS. More work on your end but trust me it's worth it. Even if you get the RNY and it works for you, it's a tuff road to hoe.
Fight for the DS.
The DS board will walk you through the steps to make it happen.
Once you got it don't look back.
Nerd Lover
on 6/23/10 5:50 am
I have heard great things about Dr. Juarez.  I had revision to RNY from lap band and have had no issues and am doing great.  Yep, I would've had DS, but my insurance refused me 3 times so I went with RNY.  I was terrified too, now I just realize I was silly for freaking out so much and wished I had done it sooner!  Good luck!
        ~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
bubbles1
on 6/23/10 12:42 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hey Christy...Thanks so much for the reply...Can you answer the following questions for me?
1. Was your weightloss slower because of the revision?
2. How long did you have the lapband?
3. When did you get your revision?
4. Did Dr Juarez talk about replacing the band with another band?
5. Did you have to go thru the whole approval process again?
6, What insurance did you have?
7. What happened to your band to require a revision?
Just any info would really help...again thank you so much, I am so glad that I got a reponse from someone with the same surgeon that got the same thing I am hoping to get.

Nerd Lover
on 6/25/10 7:21 am

No my weight  dropped really fast until about a month ago, I've lost 99 lbs in 7 months.

I had the lap band for a year and a half, then my doc filled it to much and it slipped, had it removed and revised at same time on Nov 2 2009.

My doc wasn't gonna touch me again after that so I went to Dr. Blackstone.  She gave me options to replace it, RNY or the sleeve.

Yes I went through the whole process again, but surprisingly it was easier to get approved the 2nd time.  I have United Health EPO.

I didn't have the same surgeon, but he did do my friends revision.  Her band corroded (not a big fan of the band). 

~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
Most Active