Need Protein Bars! Your FAVE????

JRinAZ
on 5/27/10 4:46 am - Layton, UT
My surgeon wants me to nibble on a protein bar (easy on my new sleeve tummy).  I've never liked them much and always considered them high calorie candy bars with very little protein.....BUT.....they do have their place for some of us.

I need suggestions.

Which ones have you tried and liked and where did you buy them?

If I find a yummy one before our June 5th seminar then maybe I'll buy a bunch to share a taste with everyone!

Thanks peeps!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

FLGail
on 5/27/10 6:16 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Joyce, I never ate the protein bars because I found most not very good and full of carbs, but when we were at the California OH conference this past weekend, they gave us samples of The Proti Choice Protein bars and they tastied pretty good and arent bad as far as carbs and sugar.  The web site is ROXBARIATRIC.COM   Where they are sold I dont know but try the web site.
I think they are out of Canada.  See you on June 5th.  Hope you are doing well.  Gail
JRinAZ
on 5/27/10 7:08 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Gail!  I'll check the website.  I just HATE paying for shipping for a couple of bars that I haven't tasted though.  Maybe vitalady will have some with her?  See you soon!  Wooo Hooooo!

Joyce 

USAF Wife
on 5/27/10 6:33 am
I tried a lot of different ones Joyce. My biggest issue is a lot of them have sugar alcohol, and even though I just have a straight VSG now, I get gas with sugar alcohol overload.

My fave are these:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=167

Some flavors of the Oh Yeah have a lot more sugar than the Chocolate Chocolate flavor. The Peanut Butter chocolate is divine but has like 13-14g of sugar alcohol.

Pure protein bars taste great but have 7+g of sugar alcohol. It took me a a few bars to figure out what was going on.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

JRinAZ
on 5/27/10 7:11 am - Layton, UT
I didn't realize the Sleeve would have the sugar alcohol issues but then my kiddos used to eat my diabetic candy and would be outdoing each other!!!  LOL!  Sugar alcohols=TOOTS!!!

It looks like some Targets carry those?  I'll hunt!

Kudos to you for rockin your Sleeve!  Wow! 
Joyce 

USAF Wife
on 5/27/10 11:37 am
Once we figured out what was causing it, the husband took them to work with him so I couldn't eat them anymore. They were always a night "treat" for me. Least  to say, he didn't want to sleep on the couch some nights.

The pure protein ones are supper yummy. The peanut butter chocolate was my favorite. I haven't tried the Zone.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

JRinAZ
on 5/27/10 2:47 pm - Layton, UT
YOU had the gassies and your poor hubby had to sleep on the couch?  YES!  That is definitely as it should be!  LOL!

So, I'll have my big outing on Saturday  to trya couple of nutrition shops so I can pay the big price to just try a couple of kinds.  I'm all about that pb chocolate pure protein you described! 

I'll probably fall in love with them and have a bunch of squishy melted choco thingies in my purse all summer!

Joyce 

JRinAZ
on 5/27/10 7:13 am - Layton, UT
Has anyone tried the Zone?  Pure Protein?  Rock n Roll bars?  The Rock n Roll bars sound yummy; kind of like a pay day!

Joyce 

ginau
on 5/28/10 5:15 pm - mesa, AZ

Builder Bars  - Peanutbutter !! Yummm

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Deanne K.
on 6/4/10 9:40 am - Tucson, AZ
I like the Zone dark chocolate, I get them at Sam's club.  Pure protein ones are ok, I didn't care for the Rock n Roll bars, but they are ok.
Most Active