NOT ABSORBING IRON 2+ YRS OUT HELP!

Jeanne G.
on 5/27/10 6:04 am - Peoria, AZ
I havent posted in a couple years but need help right now. I am coming up on my 3 yr anniv. in Sept and have pretty much been the poster child for RNY surgery until now.  I threw up once, got the foamies maybe 3 times and have no problem with nausea, sugar nothing, I was out of the hospital in 2 days and never took a pain med. That being said I went for some lab work a few weeks ago and was thrown in the hospital because my hemoglobin was dangerously low 6.6. I was given 2 pints of blood followed by two infusions of iron 500 units and 200 units. Iron level was fine but ferritin was 3. B12 was high at 2000. Saw the gastro guy while in there and since I had no symptoms of internal bleeding agreed that it is probably an iron absorption problem which is what the hospital Dr thought too. When stool sample came back there was a trace amount of blood but not enough for them to keep me in. My follow up instructions were to have iron infusions probably every few weeks for the rest of my life. I will be seeing a hemotologist, and follow up with the gastro guy who will probably do  an endospcopy. Anyone who has this problem I would appreciate any info you have and would like to hear about your experience.

Jeanne G

JRinAZ
on 5/27/10 7:04 am - Layton, UT
So sorry Jeanne!!! 

1.  Dr. David Buresh is my hematologist and is VERY WLS savvy and friendly.  Getting infusions there is like a day at the spa!

2.  Email [email protected]  Tell her your story and ask her which iron combination you should be on.  Then order immediately.  I was able to put my #'s out of the toilet with her Tender Irons!

3.  Come to the Super Seminar on June 5th.  Vitalady will be there with Q & A and some products.  Dr. Keshishian can help direct you as well.  He takes high risk patient's that others won't touch so deals with all kinds of deficiencies.

Kudos on the B12!!!! 

the AZ Grads of WLS support group meets this coming Tuesday at 5:30.  Maybe you can get some support chatter there?

Good luck friend!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active