Meet the WLS Rock Stars for June 5th!!!

JRinAZ
on 5/24/10 5:01 am - Layton, UT

Michelle, also known as "Vitalady" is dedicated to helping obesity surgery patients remain nutritionally balanced and healthy for life. She and her hubby Don (Vitaguy)  share life experiences of themselves and many others like us, who are weight loss surgery patients. They have lost several hundred pounds, having both had Distal Gastric Bypass, well over 10 years ago!  They enjoy life to a much fuller extent than they ever thought possible.

The products they offer have been shown to help many patients who have had obesity surgery obtain and maintain their maximum weight loss, and to look and feel their best. Statistically, Michelle & Don have added many years to their lives by having had these procedures. ..."We believe that by maintaining our weight loss and nutritional balance, we have avoided or reversed the need for repair surgeries, diabetes, lung problems and a host of other ailments."

Vitalady (and Vitaguy) will lead the line up of WLS Rock Stars on Saturday June 5th!  They'll have the the latest information on nutrition for WLS post-ops and will offer info on the supplements we can use to become as strong and healthy as our new bodies can be.

The "VitaCouple" will answer your personal lab questions, nutrition questions, weight loss questions, etc as they entertain and offer their special style of unconditional love for their own WLS peeps!  You will LOVE them!

This is a rare treat to have them in our "neck of the woods" as they rarely budge from their home state of Washington where they are crazy busy addressing personal crisis of peeps around the Globe! 

Can you believe this giant support group is FREE? 

Here's the details:

Super Saturday WLS Seminar , June 5th, 12 noon to 6 pm Hosted by the Westside Support Group, 
Banner Estrella Hospital Conf Rooms,
9201 West Thomas Road
Phoenix, AZ 85037

FREE and open to everyone! (Pre-op & Post-op & guests)
RSVP required and seating is VERY limited so email us ASAP!
DJ:[email protected],
 Nita: [email protected], or Joyce: [email protected]

Also presenting that day:

Katie Jay, MSW

Is a nationally-known speaker, author, coach, and patient advocate – and is a leading authority on the WLS success mindset! She is founder and director of the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. A WLS patient herself, Katie has gone through all the changes WLS ignites. She has lost to goal, done plastic surgery, regained, and then lost what she regained. Katie shares how to move beyond being a victim of food obsessions, carb cravings, emotional eating, transfer addiction, and fear of success. She is someone who lives it, understanding that the only way to succeed is to get up when you fall, again and again, if necessary. Thousands of people read Katie’s free newsletter each week, and we are thrilled to have her here on a rare visit to Phoenix! www.nawls.com

BREAKFAST with Katie!

a meet and greet breakfast at Bill Johnsons at 9:30 on the morning of June 5th.

Bill Johnson's Goodyear
1330 N. Dysart Rd., Goodyear, AZ 85338 - Ph. (623) 882-8288
DYSART ROAD & I-10 – GOODYEAR

Dr. Ara Keshishian, Well known and respected Bariatric surgeon who practices out of Glendale, CA, specializes in Duodenal Switch and Revisions.  He is offering a few complimentary consultations on the day of the seminar as well as amazing research to help us achieve success on our journeys!
Darcie Leigh, WLS Post-op, Program Director, Cookbook Author and Presentor will be giving us a cooking Demo with tasting and will share her secret to post-op success.
Candace, an aesthetician within the Plastic Surgery field will be doing LIVE makeovers to those who enter the drawing.

*Please bring a healthy snack to share (small pieces of something for just a nibble)
**Those interested will go to dinner together following the Seminar for even more support chatter!

(We need a count for Chuy's, something HEALTHY for every WLS post-op)

Chuy’s Mesquite Broiler
 5134 North 95th Avenue, Glendale, AZ‎ - (623) 877-4025‎

You won't find an information packed seminar like this anywhere that is completely complimentary!!!!
You can't afford to miss this amazing opportunity!
Empower yourself! Meet new WLS
friends!
  Share the FUN!

kathleen-ann
on 5/26/10 8:19 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
did you get my rsvp?
still looking to carpool from Prescott Valley...huggies,Kathleen
JRinAZ
on 5/26/10 10:35 am - Layton, UT
Hey Kathleen,
I have you on the list!

Have you checked out your Tricity support group for a carpool?  I know they've got their own website so how about posting there?

I'd just run right up there and pick you up but I'm not even driving myself yet!!!  Isn't there a city bus that you can catch down?

I hope it works out for you!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active