Loopy update on Joyce

JRinAZ
on 5/15/10 7:04 am - Layton, UT
Hi WLS buds!

Thanks for the well wishs.....I'm running on a full morphine pump but just wanted ti ket you know that I survived.   Dr Keshishian ran into oodles of scar tissues and some other issues so wasn't able to dothe revision exactly as planned.  So that he didn't have too many staples ends to worry about, he had to make the common channel a bit longer and the sleeve a bit smaller = less malabsorption and more restrction but I now have a Duodenal Switch!  Yay!

Read the piece about Husted coming.  With the addition of one of our already established  getting trained as a DS surgeon  this summer  ...that will make us pretty sought after in the DS world.    We'd better find some hotel deals for all our incoming buds!  ..... Bummer though that Hused won't be set up with one of the better hospitals and systems in the valley.

Just 1 hr left til I can drink finally after 4 days!!!!  Too bad it's "blue" gunk for the leak test.........

I'm missing home & AZ!  Can't wait to see all my AZ buds at the Super Sat Sem in just TWO weeks!!!!  I'll be the only one with the double hospital gown!  LOL!  

Joyce

dbuckeye
on 5/15/10 10:08 am - Sun City, AZ
Joyce,

Glad to hear from you.  Nice to know you are doing fine.  Sorry they couldn't do things as planned, but it still sound like it will be better for you.  Get plenty of rest see you in a couple of weeks.

Debbie

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

LessieBelle
on 5/15/10 2:55 pm
Joyce -  Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

Celeste

338 / 313  / 194/ 189
HW / SW /  CW / Goal   

Melva
on 5/15/10 4:01 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Best Wishes Joyce we miss you
Melva
Dawn T.
on 5/16/10 3:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
I hope you recover quickly!

Dawn

keyboards 001
FLGail
on 5/16/10 5:45 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Joyce, Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sorry it didnt go as expected .  But you are now a DS Kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Will tell about the OH conference in Costa Mesa when we get back.
Take care and heal .  Gail
Debbie M.
on 5/16/10 12:30 pm
Joyce,
Welcome to the DS side!  I've been waiting to see your news.  I read an update that Diana posted on the other board.  Did you ever get a operative report from the hack that did your last surgery?  Sounds like Dr. K. did a good job on you, look forward to seeing your updates, in the meantime take good care.  Drop me a PM when you're up for a conversation and I'll give you a call.
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Vicki S.
on 5/16/10 4:17 pm - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
glad to hear you are doing well!
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 5/22/10 3:34 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hi Joyce,
Glad to see you are doing fine.  See you at the support meetings.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

JRinAZ
on 5/23/10 3:35 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Wendy and Candy!  I'm going to work hard this week to get in my protein, water, do some walking etc so I can get to my june support mtgs!!!

Candy - the test generally used to look at your stoma/pouch is an endoscopy (lil camera orally and you're lightly sedated)...It's not a biggie and can give them all kinds of info.

See y'all soon!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active