Mercy Care Help????

azgirlie78
on 5/12/10 2:50 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Ok I have jumped through all the hoops, I have everything that was required. My doctors office is getting ready to submit to the insurance for approval within the week. I was just wondering if anyone knew how long Mercy Care AHCCCS plan usually takes to get an answer? Thanks for any help you can give!
mrsnate
on 5/17/10 5:19 pm
VSG on 04/27/12 with
I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm in the same position so I'm anxious to see what you find out!  I'm finishing up with the cardiologist tomorrow so I'll be ready this next week or so to submit my papers too.  I'll be checking back soon.  Good luck!
kathleen-ann
on 5/20/10 5:01 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
OK ..good news ..bad news...Just about everybody is denied..for lap or even RNY...THats is the truth. ...Sadly.
I had every  health conditions  possible..including a deadly disease of Stage 4 liver disease..the worst you can have...they still denied me.

When they denied me..which they do this over  95% cases ...They hope you wont appeal..as in most folks dont..they give up...I am TELLING DONT GIVE UP. My passionate Dr. at the time called my hubby and asked if I appealed..no..I was angry. HE said he ( the Dr. ) he couldnt appeal without a letter from me...on the last day to submit Dr. notes again..and a letter from me..he called hubby and Made me write a letter...I did angryily..in my living room...wrote a letter with ripped edges..children note pad...scribbled letters..scatches ..misspelled words. Threw it at Hubby( now I laugh.LOL) and he brought it to the Dr's office that day..and they faxed the same notes from the dr and my new note.

NOW imagine...that WE did nothing different..just resubmitted the Dr. notes and my scratch letter ..one week later..with nothing new done..I WAS APPROVED>..so as I tell you that they will probably deny you..appeal...and it may work...

Good luck with your case..and appeal..I had surgery 3 years ago..and would do it all over again..with DR. FAng..

HUGGIES. Kathleen
Most Active