paying deductibale up front?

Stacyb15
on 5/12/10 1:24 am - Casa Grande, AZ
RNY on 05/17/10 with
Just wondering if you had to pay your deductable up front before your surgery or if your surgeon accepts payments over time for that. I could have sworn when I called initially to ask questions I asked and my doc's office said I could do payments but now I am not so sure. I am worried because I am 5 days away from surgery and do not have my $3500 deductable.

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 5/12/10 4:32 am
I urge you to contact your surgeon immediately to discuss this situation.

BTW have you not hhad other expenses already this year?  Psych eval, office visits etc.  all of these charges would go towards the deductable.

Hope this helps

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Stacyb15
on 5/13/10 10:26 am - Casa Grande, AZ
RNY on 05/17/10 with

Once I finally got through to my doc's office I found out I had already met my deductable and everything was fine. Big relief!

Most Active