What 2 take to the hosp?

JRinAZ
on 5/4/10 7:36 am - Layton, UT
I've had enough surgeries that I should "know it all" but.....  Scheduled for a Revision to DS NEXT Weds!  Yikes!  and.....don't know what I'll need when my peepers open after surgery!

What did you take?

What do you wish you'd have taken?

All opinions welcome.................

Joyce
Dawn T.
on 5/4/10 12:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Joyce -
The one thing I remember that was soooo great to have was a warm robe and slippers!  Ohhh, and my toothbrush and hairbrush. Other than that, I really didn't need much else.

I wish you the very best and I will be thinking of you!

Dawn

keyboards 001
JRinAZ
on 5/6/10 1:22 pm - Layton, UT
I have a lovely warm robe & slippers packed!  I"m always sooooo cold that I KNOW I'll wrap myself up in the robe AND an extra blanket.

Thanks for the suggestions and the warm wishes Dawn! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

dbuckeye
on 5/4/10 3:53 pm - Sun City, AZ
Joyce,

Take your favorite lotion.  That the hospitals have just doesn't do it.  Of Course you need to call your kid so take your cell phone.  I also take bottles of water, I'm very picky on what I drink.  Who knows how you might react to the strange water, you don't need that.

Debbie

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

JRinAZ
on 5/6/10 1:26 pm - Layton, UT
Great ideas Debbie!  I LOVE raspberry vannilla lotion from Bath & Body

I never would have thought about taking my own water!  Hmmmm......it's on my Costco shopping list.....I'll be sipping water as well as shooting it in a feeding tube so I definitely need some "pure" water.  I'm picky too!

Cell phone AND charger?  Check!

Thanks friend! 
Joyce 

ginau
on 5/4/10 4:48 pm - mesa, AZ

Looking back ... I wished I would have had an Ipod to listen to Music - it calms me.  and also an eye mask  to block out light and  if you have one thats an Ice pack - even better.

I have learned to take  my own chicken broth.  and flavored  and regular  drinking  water.  in a sport bottle that could lie in bed with me.

dont forget  the cell phone charger !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 5/6/10 1:28 pm - Layton, UT
On May 4, 2010 at 11:48 PM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:

Looking back ... I wished I would have had an Ipod to listen to Music - it calms me.  and also an eye mask  to block out light and  if you have one thats an Ice pack - even better.

I have learned to take  my own chicken broth.  and flavored  and regular  drinking  water.  in a sport bottle that could lie in bed with me.

dont forget  the cell phone charger !!!
I'm a dinosaur and don't even own an Ipod  but I can always flip to the station that has the classicala music with the calming scenery?  Good idea with the eye mask!

I'll send you a text when all is well.  K?

Joyce 

Nancy S.
on 5/6/10 9:06 am - Mesa, AZ
Chapstick, bottled water and can or bottled protein drinks. I used Proasis 3oz shots from Hihealth to speed healing. good luck and will be thinking of you. Oh and a laptop to let us know how you are? xo nancy

JRinAZ
on 5/6/10 1:36 pm - Layton, UT
I've got chapstick and protein packed.  Is Proasis 3 oz shots a protein supplement?

I'm taking my laptop.....hoping I'm "with it" soon so I can get on there and post

Thanks Nancy!!!!

Joyce 

Nancy S.
on 5/6/10 11:09 pm - Mesa, AZ
http://www.amazon.com/Proasis-Natural-Protein-Watermelon-2-9-Ounce/dp/B001XUQLBS

Joyce, yes,  this is a link to what they look like, about a buck something a piece at hi health and they come in 9 flavors, 25 grams of absorbable protein and CLEAR and grit free. They taste great room temp or cold, I actually prefer them room temp because that's what I got used to when I was in the hospital after the emergency surgery. All the flavors are good.

Most Active