Need a lil help post op 6yrs have a lil regain!

splendajack
on 4/20/10 7:37 am - Cottonwood, AZ
 As i said have about 40lbs of regain need a little help getting back on track any advice and or tips i really need all and any in out wanna get the weight back off ? oh an does any one know of any support groups in the yavapai county area?
JRinAZ
on 4/20/10 9:31 am - Layton, UT
On April 20, 2010 at 2:37 PM Pacific Time, splendajack wrote:
 As i said have about 40lbs of regain need a little help getting back on track any advice and or tips i really need all and any in out wanna get the weight back off ? oh an does any one know of any support groups in the yavapai county area?
Hi friend!
There's oodles of us in AZ trying to get Back on Track or who need to turn ourselves completely around!  A bunch of us met a few weeks ago and we're all trying different approaches.  Some are attending Weigh****chers, some are getting back to their Surgeon's basics.  ...some are getting therapy.....some just needed a support group to rev them up....  It's a bummer that we still have some struggles even after we've had WLS....but, it's a tool and not a magic lifetime bullett!!!!  Surgeries malfunction....our hand & mouth routine malfunctions too!  We need to practice the art of lifetime health and not just the post-op losing honeymoon!

A support group here in the area is hosting a Super Saturday.  It's for everyone but much of the discussion that day will be geared to getting focused and either staying on track or getting back on track.  Here's the details.....maybe if you plan this far in advance, you can make the trek here?!

Need a U-Turn?

Need to Get Back on Track? Need a Plan to STAY on Track?

June 5th, 12 noon to 6 pmSuper Saturday Seminar

(hosted and planned by the Westside Support Group)

Banner Estrella Hospital Conf Rooms

FREE and open to everyone!

RSVP required and seating is VERY limited so email us ASAP! 

DJ: [email protected],
 Nita: [email protected], or Joyce: [email protected]

Speakers include:

Dr. Ara Keshishian
, well known DS and Revision surgeon from Los Angeles (free consults available that day),

Michelle Curan aka Vitalady, world renowned post-op & vitamin-supplement guru (bring any questionable lab #’s for Q & A), in Phoenix with her 2010 Vitatour!    www.vitalady.com  --

Darcie Edelkraut, Post-Op & Author of Bariatric Cookbooks, with a  presentation and recipe tasting, 

Live Makeovers with Candace & Terri from Dr. Mazaheri’s Plastic Surgery office  (a door prize drawing for those interested),

Katie Jay, MSW and wellness coach, is the director of the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery (www.NAWLS.com). The author of two books, Dying to Change and Small Bites, Katie is an obesity survivor, who underwent RNY gastric bypass in 2004. She founded NAWLS to provide a safe, nonjudgmental community for bariatric patients who struggle with weight maintenance and regain, carbohydrate sensitivity, transfer addiction, and emotional eating.

***Bring a small snack to share (no kitchen available).

Dinner will follow at a local restaurant, for those interested in extending your fun day with some munching and mingling.  This is a HUGE package for a support group event!

Fun + FREE = FANTASTIC!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

splendajack
on 4/20/10 10:11 am - Cottonwood, AZ
 Hey thank you so much for the encouragement and information! I knew there had to be others out there like me. . . .  i will look forward to coming down that Saturday cant wait some other wls friends!!
StephOinAZ
on 4/22/10 6:41 am
Hi there :) I'd LOVE to go!  Are there still seats available?  Am I able to bring a guest?  How many people are expected to be going (so I know how much "snack" to bring)?

Thanks!
JRinAZ
on 4/26/10 1:05 am - Layton, UT
On April 22, 2010 at 1:41 PM Pacific Time, StephOinAZ wrote:
Hi there :) I'd LOVE to go!  Are there still seats available?  Am I able to bring a guest?  How many people are expected to be going (so I know how much "snack" to bring)?

Thanks!
Hiya Stephanie!
I've been in sunny California!  Ahhhhhhh!  So fun but always good to get back into life!  Anyway....I'm checking the list over today and will add you to it.  There are seats for around 75 but we're hoping to squeeze in 100 since we know so many will want to come!!!

PLEASE don't bring a snack for 100 though!  LOL!  Just bring something to share for a dozen or so and we'll sitll have more than any weight loss surgery post-op can handle...PLUS we'll have the tasting from the cooking demo and then a couple of vendors will be there wilh protein samples......We'll head to a restaurant around 6 for more fun and nourishment

And YES you are definitely welcome to bring guests.  We just need the count so they'll have a reserved seat and not be stuck standing in the hall.  ALL are welcome.  It's FREE to everyone!

I'll post the list later 
Joyce 

ozfever
on 4/30/10 4:11 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I would love to come, but not with all the food that will be there..... Thats my problem, going someplace and food is there and I have no control, then I am dumping and feel terrible.    
JRinAZ
on 5/1/10 3:10 am - Layton, UT
That's the idea of the event.  To teach!  ....  Learning to control our eating in a WLS friendly environment can help us when we're in other social situations.  I understand wanting to stay away from tempting food! 

The snacks people bring to share will be healthy and the dinner out will be optional AND among our peeps who will also be on the healthy path!

This is a GREAT educational opportunity for FREE! 
I hope you change your mind and join us! 
Joyce 

Most Active