Banner Gateway

scrappinbabe247
on 4/22/10 1:28 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 06/28/10 with
Viki,
Thanks for posting! What kind of complications did you have if you dont mind me asking?
Vicki S.
on 4/22/10 3:26 am - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
Well, I don't want to scare you at all. What happened to me was very rare and Dr P was even confused for a bit. I had the RNY, and about 4 weeks post op, my old stomach was fighting my newly made stomach on who was in control. Kind of like my body was rejecting my new tummy. I was throwing up anywhere from 10-15 times a day. I was throwing up so forcefully that I was vomiting mucus from my intestines. I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks at Gateway. I am doing better now, thank God! Dr P put me on strong anti-nausea meds (for chemo patients) and I have to go have another scope down my throat to make sure things are improving. If you have any more ?'s, don't be afraid to ask. we are all here for you
Stacyb15
on 4/26/10 1:30 pm - Casa Grande, AZ
RNY on 05/17/10 with
I have had a similar experience getting in touch with people at Dr. P's office. At one of their classes I was told e-mail was one of the best ways. Well, I have tried that and have not been successful. Do you have a case manager yet? I work with Janice. I had a conversation with her a few months ago about my frustrations with the lack of communication from their office..not returning phone calls or e-mails. Since then I have gotten calls back within 24 hours now.  The only issue I have had recently is that my preop tests had to be faxed 2-3 times before they finally found them. Ugh!

It is reassuring to hear what a great surgeon Dr. P is. I just got my date today so I am exctied/nervous but so ready to do this.

scrappinbabe247
on 4/27/10 1:39 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 06/28/10 with
Stacy,
 Our stories are replicas! Lol my case manager is Janice as well! Ya I finally phsically went down to each doctor and picked up my medical records because the 5 times of faxing still wasn't enough! I have had it! Then I had my Psch eval before anything else 2 months ago and they still havent recieved that so I called her office and she is on vacation for 3 weeks with no one in her spot! I literally am 2 seconds from canceling everything. Everyone tells me it is because they are trying to achieve a medal or certification bu my feeling is they should not recieve it if this is how the office is ran. Sorry for the blurt out but I am so overwhelmed and I feel like this journey should not be this stressful! 
You wrote your surgery is March but we are in April lol when is your surgery and what are you getting?
Good Luck,
Jena

Stacyb15
on 4/29/10 9:44 am - Casa Grande, AZ
RNY on 05/17/10 with

One thing I ended up doing was calling and calling and just bugging the heck out of them.

I finally got ym surgery date, May 17th!! I go in on the 12th for my preop stuff appointment. I am exctied and nervous. I was hoping to get it done in March, over my spring break, but it was just not to be. I am ready now though.

JRinAZ
on 4/29/10 1:32 pm - Layton, UT
Woooooo HOOOOOO Stacy!!!!  Congrats!  High Fives!  Hallelujahs!

You're just a few winks away from a great journey!  Let us know how we can support you!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active