Banner Gateway

scrappinbabe247
on 4/18/10 10:31 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 06/28/10 with
Okay so I am posting out of anger and hopw someone can help me allieviate this. I have had all of my preop testing done for 2 weeks now with no response back from Dr. P's office. I have emailed 3 times. 2 times to my case manager and once to front staff and left 2 messages. I have been speaking to someone who just had surgery from Dr. P and he had similar journey with this office. Unproffesional and unorganized. Front staff tells me one thing, manager tells me another. He will no longer see Dr.P and will be switching. The whole thing makes me nervous, and I am not this type of person. PLEASE HELP! Is this anyones else's judgement of this office?
 I have a very good feeling about DR. P but cant fathom dealing with this in a stressful time.
Thanks for your undserstanding and advice.
Jena
JRinAZ
on 4/18/10 1:30 pm - Layton, UT
I know their Bariatric Coordinator had some medical issues lately but I thought she was doing better.  You can send your complaint directly to Dr. Podkamini, right?  I doubt he'd want you or anyone else to be stressed out and worried.

I know the squeeky wheel gets the oil if the oil is available......y'know?  Does your insurance require a Center of Excellence?  If so, then perhaps that's the delay since i don't think they've finished up their certification yet.

There are a lot of really great surgeons around if you feel like switching but (In my opinion), Banner Gateway and Phoenix St Luke's has the best comprehensive complete program for lifetime follow-up.

How about dropping by B.G. offices on Weds around 4 before their support group begins at 4:30?

Good luck!  Let us know how we can support  you, K?!!!  Hang in there.  It's soooooo worth it!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

scrappinbabe247
on 4/18/10 4:34 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 06/28/10 with
Joyce,
 Thank you for your help. I haven't reached Dr. yet but I have an appt with him on Thurs so I will address it with him first! Thanks so much I will keep on trucking!
Jena
Jeannie O.
on 4/19/10 4:40 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with
Hang in there Dr. P is totally worth it.  I had a little bit of the same frustration pre surgery waiting for insurance approval etc. but since surgery none.  I have had a few complications post surgery and have NOT had to wait to get help or to get an appointment to be seen.  Hang in there, Good Luck!
With Positive Thoughts, JeannieO.                                   
scrappinbabe247
on 4/19/10 4:42 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 06/28/10 with
Jeannie,
 Thank you so much for the kinds words! Good luck and I hope you have alot of success! 
Jena
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 4/20/10 1:28 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hi Jena.
Hang in there.  Dr Pod is a awesome surgeon.  He is really focused on the surgery and after care.  I had surgery in Oct and haven't had any trouble with them.  Banner has been really busy lately trying to get Certified..  I would call Ileen (insurance person).  Her number is 543-2297 maybe this will help.  
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

WI2AZ
on 4/21/10 12:31 pm
VSG on 06/07/10 with
 I too am hoping to go with Dr. P. I really like him and he has been responsive and helpful in trying to help with my insurance nightmares.  Today, however, I spoke with Eileen and was so upset by her curt, rude responses that I emailed Dr. P and explained that if I am wasting his, mine and their time pursuing what I'd like with him, to please tell me and I'll go elsewhere. I've found Dr. P and Donna to be wonderful. The other ladies I've worked with - not so much. 

I am beyond frustration and am at the brink of going to Mexico.
scrappinbabe247
on 4/21/10 1:43 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 06/28/10 with
W1 I understand completly! I wish you good luck and tomm. I am going in for a visit and am going to express my concerns as well. Everyone tells me what a great surgeon he is though and I guess that is what matters most at the end of the day!
WI2AZ
on 4/21/10 2:08 pm
VSG on 06/07/10 with
Vicki S.
on 4/21/10 6:14 pm - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
I was at Dr. P's last week (follow up from complications)and they are going nuts over there getting the Center of Excellence to go through. It took me about 3 weeks to get a surgery date set up once insurance approved it. Be patient. I know its hard. And after surgery, anything you may need or have a question about they are great. I had several complications since the surgery in mid January,and Dr. P and his staff were awesome. Best I could have asked for. But I am on the "good" road again, and finally doing better.

Most Active