Where can I ride my bicycle in the Phoenix general area??

cabin111
on 4/13/10 8:19 am
I'm one of those middle aged white guys who comes down for spring training every year...well 2 years in a row...plan to go again.  I brought my bike down this last time.  I stayed in the Sun City area and rode my bike around the Surprise area...around the ball field, lake, and city hall.  It looked like downtown Scottsdale is a nice ride also.  Just wondering if there are any nice paved (safe) bike trails out there I can explore next year.  Thanks, Brian
dbuckeye
on 4/13/10 1:55 pm - Sun City, AZ
Brian,

I would like to invite you to our Sun City WLS support groups.  I have one on the 4th Wednesday and Ann Miller has one the 2nd Saturday of each month.  If interested I can give you the info.   Hope to see you.

Debbie

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

cabin111
on 4/13/10 2:32 pm

If it works out I'd love to come.  Usually I'm just there for 4 days and 3 nights.  I'll look at the weather maps...If it's raining and cold in Northern California and sunny and warm in AZ...That's when I'll come.  Never quite know when in the month that will be.  If it's raining and cold in AZ...why go??  Brian

beckipoohbear
on 4/14/10 6:54 am - AZ
I know a lot of people bike around Tempe Town Lake, through Papago Park and up and down the canals (the canals aren't paved but they are hard packed dirt/gravel and they go for miles and miles and miles and miles so you can get good rides in).

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

cabin111
on 4/14/10 9:03 am

Thanks for the info.  Google Maps are soooo cool.  You can drop down to ground level and see the area real quickly.  Want to ask another question, but I hope it doesn't come out the wrong way...Is Arizona State a pretty campus??  Just driving by over the years...it just didn't look that exciting on the beauty side.  Just wondering if Tempe Town Lake and Papago Park is where the college students would ride to get away from the hussle and bussle of city life...  Thanks again...Brian 

beckipoohbear
on 4/18/10 5:00 am - AZ
 ASU is generally not a pretty campus, pretty areas but not a pretty campus.  It is very much like a small city unto itself and definitely isn't a scenic hotspot.  The town lake and papago do get some college students but not a ton b/c frankly college students generally aren't into long bike rides on the weekends ;) From my experience anyway.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Chris S.
on 4/15/10 5:14 am - Tempe, AZ
Tempe Town lake and papago park area is very popular for biking.  Loads of trails and if you like the desert it is beautiful.  Mill Ave in Tempe is a great place to mingle, walk and spend a relaxing day as well. 
ReCurve
on 4/15/10 10:42 pm - Peoria, AZ

http://www.mountainbikeaz.com/trail_reviews/phx_whitetank.php

watch out for snakes
Most Active