new to forum

Barbara F.
on 3/30/10 7:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
I just found your forum I am post gastric 2003 lost 245 # but in last year and half i have gained almost 70# i realy nevr reach my goal because i had so much to lose top wt 435 only got down to 214 i maintained that until year and half i became disabled from a job injury and i am retraining in another medical field i was a resp therapist for 23 yrs the worst part is regaining the weight my self worth has dropped i beeive medicare will pay for a duo swit but i dont know of any baratric dr that will do it hear in phx can any one help me through this process i have trried 4 diff diets jc, ns, bl,low cal. my dr was juarez out of phx st lukes but he never really followered thur with me post op i never had nutr or dietician show me what i needed to do. I live in nw phx if their is anyone that can help please i will be greatful i am 58 and starting another carrer and i need to get this done
JRinAZ
on 3/30/10 8:21 am - Layton, UT
Hi Barbara!

Dr. Juarez does revisions but NOONE in Arizona revises to a Duodenal Switch.

You can get more information about the Duodenal Switch (also known as the DS) at the DS forum on Obesity Help

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/

or on the website:  www.dsfacts.com  (up to date list of the BEST DS surgeon's in the world)

and
  www.duodenalswitch.com

You may also get a lot of support and information on the Revision Forum of Obesity Help.  The link for that is:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/

How about attending the Az Graduates support group at Bridges St Luke's on Tuesday April 6th?  It's for EVERYONE from any program with any type of surgery.  5:30 pm at the Bridges Education Centre at Phoenix St Luke's. 

I have you down for the June 5th Super Saturday Seminar.  Did you want to attend the Bridges Graduate Seminar on the 10th of April also?  You would probably get some answers and ideas at both seminars.

Good luck friend!  Many of us need a 2nd chance at getting our weight off!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active