One week and 3 days out of surgery...

stephaniewhite06
on 3/7/10 2:09 am - Houston, TX
and doing awesome.. I have lost 27 lbs! I am barely sore anymore.. I have been walking and feel awesome! THANKS DR JUAREZ!
Stephanie White

stephaniewhite06
on 3/7/10 2:09 am - Houston, TX
and how do I make my little weight loss ticker show up?
Stephanie White

reddhedgrl
on 4/9/10 11:29 am
Hi Stephanie....
I met with Dr. Juarez last month and am just waiting for approval from my insurance. How are you adjusting? Taking all the vitamins and drinking the protein? I am a little nervous..any advise would be great!
stephaniewhite06
on 4/9/10 2:28 pm - Houston, TX
Hi!

I am acually adjusting real well.. I have been taking my vitamins everyday.. except when I am away from home.. for some reason when I am home I take them on time everytime.. when I am away.. I forget them. The protein for me has been a problem. I can not stand  the smell, taste or anything about the drinks. While I was on my two week pre-op I forced them down.. I also found a Special K protein shake at walmart, that was decent and I could manage it. The problem with it was wayy to much sugar.. 26 grams I think. So mainly for me.... and even now I made the fortied milk, they give you a recipe for it after you are approved, but if you want I can send it to you. It's basically fat-free or 1 or 2% milk, powdered milk and carnation instant breakfast... anyways I drink that. I know I am not getting the 70 grams of protien they require but I am getting as much as I can. I feel great.

As for the adjusting part, when I first started this journey I was drinking 4-8 cans of Dr Pepper a day.. and eating as many sweets as I wanted. I NEVER drank water.. now.. I drink NO Dr Pepper, and no sweets.. I read all labels.. They have some great sugar free puddings. I have no craving for Dr Pepper or sweets.. it may be a mind thing.. just knowing I can't have them.. it may be my body. I dunno.. I walk 2-3 times a day, 35-45 minutes each time. I have never done that before. I drink lots of water.. I never thought I'd drink water. If you want to know anything else.. just let me know.
Stephanie White

reddhedgrl
on 4/9/10 11:56 pm
I LOVE Dr. Pepper... I have cut back to 1 a day...this week starts NO soda and just green tea. The caffeine headaches have been the WORST!
How long did you stay in the hospital? How long did it take to get your surgery date after approval? How long before you ate solids after surgery?
stephaniewhite06
on 4/10/10 3:13 am - Houston, TX
I had surgery on Thurday the 25th of Feb.. and was suppose to be released on Sat, but my blood count was low so they kept me til Sun around noon. I first saw Dr Juarez Nov 3rd, 2009.. and had surgery the 25th of Feb. So 3-4 months for the final approval.. but then again I have AHCCCS insurance and they are really strict on the criteria for approval. I haven't eaten solods yet.. I am still on pureed for the next 2-3 weeks.
Stephanie White

Most Active