Support groups near Scottsdale Healthcare??

shaemarc
on 2/27/10 3:56 am
Hi All,

I have my surgery on April 5th.  Can't wait.  However, Dr. Buddy at Scottsdale Bariatric mentioned I should go to a few support groups prior to check it out.

Anyone know of WLS support groups on the Scottsdale Healthcare - near 101and Shea - area?
Or even if there is something in North Phoenix -that would be even better.

Thanks so much,
Shae
JRinAZ
on 2/27/10 5:21 am - Layton, UT
On February 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM Pacific Time, shaemarc wrote:
Hi All,

I have my surgery on April 5th.  Can't wait.  However, Dr. Buddy at Scottsdale Bariatric mentioned I should go to a few support groups prior to check it out.

Anyone know of WLS support groups on the Scottsdale Healthcare - near 101and Shea - area?
Or even if there is something in North Phoenix -that would be even better.

Thanks so much,
Shae

Ahhhh, tell Buddy hello from Joyce!  He's the BEST!

Congrats on your surgery date!!!  ......  There are support groups open to everyone all over the valley but I wonder if Dr. Messer meant for you to attend Scottsdale groups?

Anyway, there is a group that meets this coming Tuesday at Phoenix St Luke's (55 N. 18th ST, Phoenix) at 6:30.  It's open to everyone.

There's a group that meets in the Paradise Valley hospital area but I think they are closed off now to their patient's only?

Banner Gateway is on the East side (think Gilbert area ....Higley and the 60) and they are also on the 1st Tuesday, the 2nd Weds and the 3rd Weds.  .. Open to everyone.  I love the group on the 3rd Weds at 4:30 (psych facilitated).

Good luck and congrats!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Janaz_lbc
on 2/28/10 5:17 am - Morristown, AZ
Shae,
Scottdale Bariatrics' support group is tomorrow, Mar 1.

You can find the details here:
http://www.scottsdalebariatric.com/2007/after/

J

sara0315
on 4/18/10 7:35 am - Tucson, AZ
Shae,

I'm positive that Dr Messer wanted you to attend one of the support groups FOR patients of Scottsdale Healthcare Bariatric. They are held right at the Scottsdale Shea Hospital in the Conference Center - where the informational seminars are held. I know there's one coming up this Wednesday 4/21 evening - I'm not sure what time (I'm from Tucson and I'll be in Scottsdale for my 1 month post op appointment and I'm planning on staying for the support group). I'm sure if you call the office they can tell you the details.

Everyone, FYI, the link to Scottsdale Bariatric's website posted above no longer works. I assume that's because of their merger with Scottsdale Healthcare. What a pain, they could at least redirect us to the new website, huh?

Good luck with everything!
Sara
Most Active