Any Ideas?

Melanie Watson
on 2/24/10 12:50 pm, edited 2/24/10 1:13 pm - AZ
I'm 18 1/2 mo post op lap band and recently having been dealing with severe gastritis. I would have reached my goal of 150 sometime ago but keep having to have my band drained when my tummy swells shut.

Here is my question .... for several months I have been dealing with bloating very bad. Does anyone have any suggestions to help with this? PLUS .... It's very hard to "act" lady like when your belching like a sailor and farting like a marine and add the bloating on top of that, makes me very miserable.

Any ideas? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Mello
"The worst is over and the best is yet to come!"

Banded 08/06/08
JRinAZ
on 2/24/10 2:19 pm - Layton, UT
Hi friend!
I'm not a lapband expert but just wanted you to wish you well and hope you can find some answers!  What did your doc tell you?  Are you being treated for the gastritis?  Will you need to have your band removed?

Other forums you might want to check out are of course the lapband forum of O.H. and the Revision forum.  I've heard of similar issues quite often over on the Revision forum.

It sounds like you need to go to war against
that "sailor" and "marine" issue! 

Good luck! 

Joyce
dbuckeye
on 2/25/10 9:59 am - Sun City, AZ
If you still have your gallbladder you might want to ask your doctor about this.  I just had mine removed.  The burping was going on 24/7.  Now it is wonderful.  Good luck and congratulations on your weight loss.

Debbie
Most Active