Looking for Plastic Surgeon

ANEWMii
on 2/18/10 12:25 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi All,
 I have lost 116 lbs and am in the process of finding a PS to do a total body lift. I have had a consult with Dr. Steven Gitt and am thinking of choosing him to perform my surgeries. I would really appreciate talking to someone who knows anything about him. Or id anyone would recommend another surgeon?  This is such a hard desicion to make! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
JRinAZ
on 2/19/10 1:11 am - Layton, UT
On February 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM Pacific Time, ANEWMii wrote:
Hi All,
 I have lost 116 lbs and am in the process of finding a PS to do a total body lift. I have had a consult with Dr. Steven Gitt and am thinking of choosing him to perform my surgeries. I would really appreciate talking to someone who knows anything about him. Or id anyone would recommend another surgeon?  This is such a hard desicion to make! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Congrats on your amazing weight loss!  Wooooo Hooooo! 

I'd be happy to attempt to answer any questions you may have.  I used to work for Dr. Gitt and I currently work for Dr. Mazaheri. 

I went to 8 different consults and visited with an additional 3 or 4 when deciding on my own plastics!!!  kudos to you for doing research!

Your plastics can be the start of an entirely "new" you or the beginning of a nightmare!  It should be the best reward in the world for your weight loss journey!!!! 

High Fives!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ANEWMii
on 2/19/10 2:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you SO much for your reply and the congrats. My head is spinning trying to find the right PS.

While doing research I just found out that Dr. Gitt doesn't use a anesthesiologist he only uses a nurse anesthetist. That doesn't seem safe to not have a anethesiologist present at an 8 hour surgery!

I have had consults with Dr. Robert Cohen. He was wondeful but doesn't do TBL. He mostly the "mommy makeover" kinda of PS.

I had a consult with Dr. Gitt but felt uneasy about some things. Now I really feel more uneasy finding out that there wouldn't be a board certified ansethesiologist present at my surgery.

I have a consult next Tuesday with Dr. Sumer Daiza but I don't know how experienced she is with doing TBL. Her receptionist says she does them but thats what Dr. Cohen's receptionist told me and at the consult I found out that he does not. It's hard to know who is telling the truth.

I am so confused and fustrated!

What surgeons did you see? Who did your surgery and how were your results?

Are there any other PS that specialize in TBL that you would recommend I see? Any info and advice you could give me would be appreciated. It's nice to talk to a real person who has experience in the area.

Thank You,
Sandi
JRinAZ
on 2/19/10 6:05 am - Layton, UT
Well, seriously I have to tell you that you should really have a consult with Dr. Mazaheri!  LOL!   He is my boss and totally the best P.S. in AZ (IMVHO)!!!

But....instead, I'll just give you some questions to ask surgeons that you are considering:

1.  How many body lifts have you done?  (less than 5?  Scary!)  Were they considered lower body lifts or total body lifts and how is that defined by you (surgeon)?
2.  Do you specialize in Post Bariatric or (massive weight loss) procedures?  (Our skin is damaged and requires specialized training and experience)
3.  If so, how many patient's have you done lower body lifts on that have lost over 100 pounds?
4.  Does your website show photos of weight loss post-ops who have had p.s. with you?
5.  Do you do any presentations to weight loss support groups? (tells about their interest level and experience with the weight loss community)
6.  Do you have any post-op patient's that I can speak with?
7.  What is your total price?  When is it due?  What does that include?  (pain pump, hospital, anesthesiologist?  pre-op and post-op care?)  Will you bill my insurance?  will I be receiving any bills AFTER my surgery?
8.  what if there are complications, do you take care of them?
9.  Do you do revisions if necessary?
10.  Do you have pre-op and post-op pictures that I can come and look at?
11.  Will I be seeing you for follow-up or other staff members?
12.  Are you available around the clock if I have an emergency?

And....some things that you can do on your own:  look up lawsuit and medical complaints on the net and post on the plastic surgery forum for some guidance....

When I had my first procedures in 06, I ended up going with the least expensive.  I went with a very nice man in Tucson but I honestly got what I paid for.  I need a lot of fixing.  The K-Mart blue light special rarely works for people who want the best for their bodies! 

Dr. Mazaheri will be doing a plastic surgery presentation to a WLS support group (Dr. Simpson's group) next Thursday.  I'm sure they'd be happy to have you or anyone else interested, join them for the meeting.  It's at 6 (I think) at the AZ Surgical Specialty Hospital on Maryland and 19th.  I'll be there!  (GREAT pictures in the presentation and p.s. post-op patient's will be there for Q & A)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ANEWMii
on 2/21/10 6:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Joyce so much for the info!  Great questions, I will add them to the list of questions I already have. Funny, on Friday I scheduled a consult with Dr. Mazaheri for this coming Thursday! I'm excited about meeting him. I will also try to attend the support group meeting that night. Thanks for all of your help! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Sandi
toleary
on 2/22/10 11:23 am - AZ
You will love Dr. M he is so awesome he has lifted just about everything possible on me in the last 4 years, please  pm me if you have any questions.

Blessings

Tori
ANEWMii
on 2/23/10 2:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Tori!
 I'm excited to meet him on Thursday. It's so nice to have actual people who have gone through this to talk to! Thanks again :)

Sandi
toleary
on 2/23/10 10:59 am - AZ

Feel free to call me with any questions...Terry can give you my number after your consult..you will love her she is great too..

Tori

JRinAZ
on 2/23/10 11:01 am - Layton, UT
Hey Tori!
Busy Thursday evening?  Want to go with Dr. Mazaheri, Terri and I to present at a support group?

6:30 at Dr. Simpsons' group on 19th and Maryland.

How are YOU anyway?  I'd love to catch up:)

Joyce
ANEWMii
on 2/26/10 1:27 am - Phoenix, AZ
Joyce and Tori,
 You both were so right. Dr. Mazaheri is wonderful! My search for a PS is over! I love him and Terri. The consult was just a wonderful experience from beginning to end! He is everything I wanted in a PS. He's confident but not ****y and arrogant. He is upfront and tells you the truth. You can tell that he really cares and is personally invested in his patients and so is his staff. He is so peaceful and it puts you at ease right away. I felt like I was talking to a friend when I was speaking with him and Teri. It was such a night and day experience from my other consults. My husband and I were thanking God for Dr. M all the way home. His pre and po-op pictures are incredible! I'm so excited about getting started on my journey to a new body! I'm setting up financing today then I'm booking my first surgery. Thank you both so much!

God bless you both,

Sandi( this is me doing a "I finally found the right PS happy dance" at last)
Most Active