I have a question about the hospital stay...

stephaniewhite06
on 2/12/10 2:44 am - Houston, TX
When they scheduled me, thy said I was only going to be in the hospital overnight (this is a good thing) but I was under the impression that it was 4 days, since I am having gastric bypass.. so .. I guess my question is.. how long am I going to be in the hospital? (as long as there is no complications)
Jeannie O.
on 2/12/10 1:33 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 02/15/10 with

I have a different surgeon but was told it would be 3 nights unless all went very well I may be able to leave after the 2nd night.  Overnight seems awfull short for RNY??

With Positive Thoughts, JeannieO.                                   
Vicki S.
on 2/12/10 3:07 pm - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
I was in the hospital for 3 days. An overnight stay seems a little short for a RNY.

stephaniewhite06
on 2/13/10 2:04 am - Houston, TX
thats exactly what I was thinking.. it seems really short.
ginau
on 2/13/10 6:11 am - mesa, AZ

Depends on how you do.  But I would plan for 3.   keep in mind that you will get more rest at home and not have the blood suckers coming in every 2-4 hours.

I was only in  24 hrs  with my revision - but I had been through surgery before and knew what to expect .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

stephaniewhite06
on 2/13/10 6:13 am - Houston, TX
Ok, I am really stressing about this though because I have a 9 year old who goes to school.. and I am trying to get family  to watch him, but I don't exactly know how long to tell them they would be staying at my house (since my son has school). Thanks!
ginau
on 2/13/10 6:25 am - mesa, AZ
ginau
on 2/13/10 6:36 am - mesa, AZ
  Stepahnie

It might be best to plan a week.  you not only going to get help with your child. but also yourself. your cant drive while on pain killers and  you dont know how your going to feel?  better to be more carefull than less.  besides you can always let them go home early.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

stephaniewhite06
on 2/13/10 9:02 am - Houston, TX
I agree but my husband will be with me in Phoenix.. and he will take care of stuff while I am recovering.. but we talked about it and decided to tell everyone a week.. and just leave our son at his grandmothers so she doesn't have to come to our house.. Thanks so much for your advice.
Most Active