Chewable Vitamins

Kathy W.
on 1/16/10 5:39 am - Apache Junction, AZ
I am in the process of completing the requirements per my insurance to get approved for surgery.  I still have a couple of more months Dr. supervised weight loss visits but do not forsee any problems getting approved since my insurance policy has the requirements outlined in detail.  I do not like swallowing vitamins at all and am happy that there are chewable vitamins since it's so important to my sucess.  My question is: I want to start vitamins now since I am currently on a weight loss plan.  Can I use the Optisource vitamins before I have the surgery?  I already have to take 7 different meds in addition to a shot twice a day now for diabetes, etc so I really hope I can take the chewable vitamins now because I do not want to swallow anymore pills if I don't have to, especially a large multi vitamin.  Does anyone know the answer to this?
Betty S.
on 1/18/10 7:17 am - Mesa, AZ
I started my vitamins a few weeks before surgery, I have Bariatric Advantage chewables.  I'm with you on the swallowing part....I HATE HATE HATE taking pills.

There is nothing wrong with taking them before- in fact, I think it's a good idea, because once you have surgery, you body will be 'shocked' by very low caloric intake for a few weeks, so imo it's good to have the best vitamin levels you can. 

ReCurve
on 1/18/10 8:23 am, edited 1/18/10 8:24 am - Peoria, AZ
http://www.vitalady.com/
email her your vitamin questions she knows everything. :)
she will be slow responding, I think. I heard she's a bit backed up on emails at the moment.
Kathy W.
on 1/18/10 9:14 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Thanks for the replies, I was concerned because some of the vitamins had different doses depending on which surgery you had so I didn't know if that mattered if I hadn't had the surgery yet. 
Most Active