Cash cost for lap band or gastric sleeve?

Mikkilynn
on 1/10/10 2:29 am - Mesa, AZ
Does anyone know how much the lap-band or gastric sleeve procedure cost if you pay cash?

liveinphx
on 1/10/10 10:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
Depends on where you have it done. There are not many experienced sleeve surgeons in AZ. When I was researching the sleeve it would have cost about 25K to have it done here but like I said no surgeon locally has much experience with the sleeve.
In Mexico it cost me less than 9K and many surgeons in MX are doing it for less than 6K these days and are for more skilled and experienced than any AZ bariatric surgeon. RNY would be much more though I don't know how much more. If I had to guess I would say cash price for bypass in AZ would probably be 30-35K but that is a guess.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Betty S.
on 1/11/10 7:01 am - Mesa, AZ
4 years ago I paid 8K for a band in Mexico...but had problems, and by the time it was removed I was 15K in the hole.  The surgeon didn't charge me, but the hospital did, and it costs to fly there.
He told me he could do a RNY for 8K since my liver had shrunk, normally 12k

back then the AZ hospitals all charged about 12K for the band.

My RNY hospital bill was about 49K, and it seems that my insurance paid them about 27K, so I'm guessing that a cash payment would be somewhere around that.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/10 2:13 am
Most Active