INSURANCE QUESTION-- AZ AHCCCS Healthchoice...?

stephaniewhite06
on 1/7/10 8:34 am - Houston, TX
Ok, so I was approved by Healthchoice to go see Dr Juarez.. he said I was a good candidate and the my patient advocate over at Bridges gave me a list of stuff I had to go though before final approval.. So far I had already done my pulmonary, I am doing my cardiac in the next week, I have my doctor working on getting my referral for the dietican/nutritionist, I am heading to Phoenix on the 19th for my Baratrics Basics class.. the only think I am having trouble with is getting Healthchoice to approve the Phyc Exam, My doctor and the Bridges Centre are both trying to get them to approve me to go to Desert Phycological, but Healthchoice is saying Desert Phyc isn't contracted though them. So my question is .... if you are on AHCCCS- Healthchoice and have had surgery or are in the process of getting approved and have had your Phyc Exam.... who did you see.. I would really like to get this all taken care of soon!

Thanks so much!

Stephanie
Vicki S.
on 1/7/10 4:35 pm - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
I am on AHCCCS and I went to see Dr. Janie Goodall for my psych evaluation for surgery. She helped me get the insurance to pay for the visit, since she does mainly evaluations for bariatric surgery's. Here is her info to give her a call. And to let you know that you don't have to be a Banner Gateway Health patient to see her. Good luck!

Banner Psychological Services
2940 E. Banner Gateway Dr.
Suite #420
Gilbert, AZ 85206

480-543-2688

stephaniewhite06
on 1/9/10 2:27 am - Houston, TX
Thanks so much! I called Healthchoice yesterday after speaking with Janie Goodall's office and they finally told me that Desert Phyc was suppose to bill off of the referral I got to go see Dr Juarez for my consult. Thanks for your help though!

Stephanie
Most Active