Where is Dr. Steven Simon?

kkimberly2004
on 2/8/10 1:48 am - Bellflower, CA
VSG on 11/23/10 with
 I have been wondering the same thing about Dr. Simon. I was told he took a leave of absence and then I was told he was back by the after hours people. I called the office today to schedule my one on one appointment with him and was told again hes on leave. Whatever is going on the office is either hush hush about it or they are actually in the dark themselves. This was very disappointing news because after attending his class I was certain I wanted him to do my surgery.
JRinAZ
on 2/8/10 4:42 am - Layton, UT

Hey Kimberly,
So sorry your surgeon is MIA?  Not sure what to tell you about that.  But....I did notice that you are from Mesa.  On our side of town and producing hundreds of very happy and successful post-ops is Dr. Podkamini and Dr. Schuster at Banner Gateway.  They aren't my surgeon's but I do attend the support groups there and the patient's are all doing fabulous and are very happy with their surgeries, the program there and their surgeons.

Also on our side of town (and if you are considering lapband) is Dr. Marge Buttler.  She's realtively new but has several happy post-ops as well.  She is located in Mesa at the Banner Desert hosp on Dobson and Southern.

If I were you, I wouldn't put my life on hold while either a surgeon take times off or the program isn't giving full disclosure.  They probably just assume that all patient's will forget about Simon and jump ship to one of their other surgeons.

Take care of YOU!

kkimberly2004
on 2/8/10 5:21 am - Bellflower, CA
VSG on 11/23/10 with
oooh you are a sweety pie! thank you for replying to my post. I really appreciate you telling me about those surgeons!....ttyl
Sarah763
on 2/26/10 5:35 am
Hi - I liked Dr. Simon as well and his wife Vicki and Amber.  I loved the old place on Osborn.  They were so nice and helpful and available.  I even had a dream about them.  I got a call to confirm my appt on Thursday and a cancellation call for my Friday afternoon appointment in November - so I think it was very sudden. 

I was extrememly disappointed by Dr. Schlesinger.  He was very negative - even though I have lost 60 pounds and my BMI is awesome!  I couldn't believe it.  He made my skin crawl.  When I asked about Dr. Simon he barked at me that the doctor would not be back.  He was rude to his staff as well.   We have to remember that we are consumers and we can take our money elsewhere. 

On another note, I was self pay using Dr. Simon's Care Credit relationship and they have done away with that without informing the transfer patients.  They billed my insurance company $649.00 when the office visits were supposed to be $175 for self-pay.  Huge rip off for insurance!!!  It seems like they are a mess over there right now.  I will be transferring to a new doctor as soon as billing is correct.

cheermommy929699
on 3/14/11 11:45 pm - AZ
Don't worry ladies... He is right here! This man changed my life in 2006!

Arizona Weight Loss Solutions
29505 N. Tatum Blvd. Suite 380
Phoenix, Az 85050

480-419-2280

www.azwls.com/

RSReed53
on 8/23/11 11:44 am - AZ
Dr. Simon is my Guru! 

However, I am sad to say this clinic is closing Sept 1 and Dr. Simon is leaving Phoenix.  In Dr. Simon's letter, he stated that management with Desert Ridge was at odds so the clinic is closing.  I am disappointed in him because he really saved my life on May 31st!  Referral to either Juarez or Fang is really a slap because I don't think Mercy Care is contracted with either of them, and I REFUSE to even consider Schlessinger!!  I think maybe personal issues may have crept up for Dr. Simon to leave Phoenix.  He is the smartest man I know in this weight loss surgery protocol.  I entrusted Simon to see me through my loss, and expected him to do it.  Now, I feel let down.  The other two docs are fine, but they don't know me and my case as Dr. Simon does.  He told me 4 yrs ago I needed revision surgery, and 3 months ago Dr. Simon operated on me. 
Ronda S. Reed, M. Ed.    
rsreed
on 6/25/11 12:13 pm
I just had my revision surgery with Dr. Simon at PV Hospital.  He is the best!!  I tried the Tempe location first, but hated Dr. Schlesinger (That man should be kicked out of practice !!!)  My ins carrier referred me to Dr. Simon.  Four years ago, I learned that I needed revision surgery.  It has been all this time getting all the ducks in a row for this surgery.  I am now almost a month postop and losing weight with my vertical sleeve gastrectomy--26 pounds down with about 50 more to go.  So happy I found Dr. Simon!  He is the best at his craft, and I would trust no other doctor for this kind of surgery.
itsrox
on 8/12/11 11:17 am, edited 8/24/11 7:25 am

RSReed53
on 8/23/11 11:54 am - AZ
I am so sorry you had problems with your care.  Dr. Simon has been nothing but the best to me--I feel he let me down, too.  The 2 docs he referred to in his letter are not contracted under AHCCCS, and I REFUSE to go to Tempe to see Schlessinger.   Schlessinger cares NADA about patients!  I would think more issues are at hand that force the abrupt leave--My appt with Dr. Simon is Aug 31.  I am not going to let my care slip--I have to be proactive.  It is a terrible loss to Phoenix. 
Ronda S. Reed, M. Ed.    
lapbandchicka
on 3/14/12 6:21 am
I have gone through chaos since Dr. Simon has closed his practice. I have called AZWLS multiple times in an attempt to locate Dr. Simon and was told "If Dr. Simon wants to be found, he would have given you his number."

I really liked Dr. Simon, but I feel extremely betrayed by the way my situation was handled.

I paid cash, and essentially gave up my life savings for this surgery. There was an agreement that I would have free lapband adjustments and follow ups for a full year from my surgery date.

I called Dr. Simon's office to ensure that the free fills and follow ups we had agreed upon would be carried over to the new doctor. I was told that they would be. This was not what happened. The new doctors office forced me to pay $200 for an aquisition fee, and $150 for any adjustments. (Which I unfortunately had complications so I already had one where they emptied my band, and will probably need at least 2 more to re-fill my band).

So, I am sorely dissapointed due to the high volume of bills I am liable for because of the lack of communication and the way the office was closed during his departure.
Most Active