I need some help .....

Vicki S.
on 1/4/10 4:38 pm - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
Does anyone have any idea's where I can find some protein shake recipes? I have googled it and I get high sugar or carb ones. I am on day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet and I need more than jus****er or fat free milk mixed with them. Because that way, they are tasting nasty. Any help will be appreciated!
Ann M.
on 1/4/10 10:16 pm - Peoria, AZ
I get the fat free or sugar free hot chocolate mix and put a packet in with a scoop of powder.  I can add ice and water in the blender and make a cold shake or mix it thoroughly and then add ho****er for a hot protein chocolate.

You can also go to Smart & Final and get sugar free syrups to make your own flavord icy shakes.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 1/4/10 10:49 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hi Vicki,
Are you coming to the support meeting tonight at Banner?  I'm sure Donna can give you some ideas.  She will be leading the support meeting.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Vicki S.
on 1/5/10 1:51 am - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
Yes I plan on going to Banner tonight for the support meeting. I will ask Donna for some help.
JRinAZ
on 1/5/10 12:51 am - Layton, UT
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4089864/Protein-Shake -Recipes/

My favorite cold shake is the Champion Pure Whey Staack Banana Scream whisked into about 2 oz of cold tap wa ter.  I poor that over some crushed ice in a Magic Bullet (blender), toss in 3 or 4 frozen strawberries & pulse til thick.  It's like a thick milk shake an sooooo yummy!  You can make it a complete meal by stirring in light yogurt or greek yogurt for even more protein.

My favorite "hot" protein drink is made with Matrix chocolate.  I stir 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder into about 2 oz of hot tap water.  I nuke up to 2 cups of ho****er in microwave for about a minute toget it really hot and then stir the really ho****er into the tempered 2 oz of choc protein.  I add a shot of sugar free torani peppermint syrup OR s/f torani caramel syrup (you can get the syrups for less than $5.00 at Smart and Final.  This is my favorite as the first protein of the day.  I mix in a travel mug and sip it while driving down the freeway to work.

When buying proteins, it's good to look for a ratio of around 120 or less calories per scoop and about 23-25 grams of protein per scoop.  Our bodies do not absorb more than around 30 grams of protein at one time so if you drink souped up protein shakes then you just end up peeing off the excess protein grams = an expensive flush!  .............It's better to spread your protein over the course of the day than to try and have a loaded drink one or two times.

Ask Donna for some protein recipes.  She has a zillion handouts with great ideas!

See you today at support group? 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

liveinphx
on 1/5/10 1:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
My personal pref is the ready to drink ones such as EAS Myoplex light, Atkins shakes (available at Walmart) muscle milk light (Costco) or other ones such as Worldwide Pure Protein (Trader Joes).
I find all of the powdered ones nasty tasting and a hassle cause of you to mix them and then clean up. I prefer the grab and go protein shake world.
Some folks also spruce up the taste of the shakes with sugar free syrups. I get hazlenut and vanilla flavored ones at my local 99 cent only store and you cant be that price.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Vicki S.
on 1/5/10 1:52 am - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
Awesome idea's, thank you all.
over50woman1
on 1/7/10 1:33 pm
I like the Protein 100 in my Crystal Lite.  Has a tangerine flavor.  $40.00 a qt. 15 g of protein in 1 0z.

Margie

FLGail
on 1/9/10 9:21 am - Sun City, AZ
If you like coffee, I get an achieve one ready made shake. It comes in Chocolate and several
flavors of coffee and it has 15 grams of protein and I love to drink one if I am on the run. They have them at HIHealth.
Most Active