2010 is here! Support?

JRinAZ
on 1/3/10 11:16 pm - Layton, UT

Happy New Year everyone!

Just a reminder of this week's support group options:

AZ Grads of WLS:  Meets the  1st Tuesday of every month (tomorrow the 5th)
5:30 pm at Phoenix St Luke's in the room to the left of the large Bridges Education room.
This is peer facilitated (by my handsome hubby) and is open to EVERYONE who is 6 months or more post-op from any program or surgeon and with any type of procedure.

General Support for Phoenix St Luke's begins immediately after at 6:30 pm.  EVERONE is welcome from all surgeons/all programs, any procedure.  It is pysch facilitated and is always a large group of excited newbies with a few wise old timers!

Banner Gateway at 6:00 pm is also open to EVERYONE from any surgeon/any program and with any procedure.  It is just south of the 60 on Higley.  They meet in the conference room just past the cafeteria.  This group is facilitated by their very knowledgeable and entertaining Nutritionist:  Donna! 

"Those who attend support groups are those who will obtain and maintain their goals!"

"Friends are the sailors who guide your rickety boat safely across the dangerous waters of life. " ~Sare and Cate

Why go it alone?  Strangers are just great friends that you haven't met yet!  Join a support group and give yourself the best cir****tances for success in 2010!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Chris S.
on 1/4/10 12:05 am - Tempe, AZ
Is the Banner Gateway group on the same night as the others?
JRinAZ
on 1/4/10 2:13 am - Layton, UT
On January 4, 2010 at 8:05 AM Pacific Time, Chris S. wrote:
Is the Banner Gateway group on the same night as the others?
Hiya Chris!

Banner Gateway meets at the same time (tomorrow the 5th)  It's GREAT to have options!  hubby is going downtown cuz it's closer to his work and I'm going on the East side  cuz it's closer for me.  ....  I'm working on staying "Back on Track" so need a couple of groups each month.

Here's the details from Wendy's post a few days ago.

Banner Gateway in Mesa   Corner of  US 60 and Higly  
Support meeting in the Grand Canyon Conference room,  located in the hospital.    
All are welcome. 

Jan 5th       6:00 p.m      Dietitian

Jan 13th    6:00 p.m.      Exercise Physiologist

Jan 20th     4:30 p.m.     Psychologist

I'm cooking eggs & chicken and stocking up on healthy proteins for our tomorrow jump start!!!!

woooo Hooooo!  We can reach our goals!!!

Joyce 

Ann M.
on 1/4/10 12:32 am - Peoria, AZ
The Sun Cities Area Group is also meeting this Saturday at 10:30 am in the Sun City Room at the corner of 103rd & Coggins in Sun City.  Everyone is invited to attend along with their support people.

Stay tuned for a new weekday Sun City group meeting in addition to the second Saturday of the month meeting.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
JRinAZ
on 1/4/10 2:17 am - Layton, UT
Thanks for posting the Sun City group details Ann!  I'll be out of state enjoying some awesome coastal hiking BUT will put your group on my schedule for next time:)

Joyce 

Most Active