Hello

Luvresia
on 1/2/10 10:03 am, edited 1/3/10 5:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well I'm 34 married with 6 children....yes I said 6. I have always been thick but it seems the weight that I gained during pregnancy I never lose it. So, if you can imagine with six pregnancies that can add up. I actually was approved for the procedure in 2006 they discovered a mass in my pancreas, well  what they thought was a mass (there was nothing) then I got pregnant (having to be off my birth control pills for 2 months) I felt as if I would never reach my goal of being healthy again. So here I am again but this time I have Care 1st (Az medicaid insurance) I contacted them they stated they would pay for the surgery as long as it was of medical necessity,I have Diabetes ( had gestational during the last 3 pregnancies) and of course Hypertension ( I do have 6 kids) I have a lot of goals that i want to accomplish this year, and nothing is going to stop me. I will be attending Culinary school in March so I would like to have this all done prior to but, if that doesn't happen no worries. My mother is not too happy about me making the choice to have this surgery feels that I'm taking a easy way out. She has no idea how many diets I have tried, how many gym memberships I have paid for just to lose 20 maybe 30 pounds, then nothing. Feeling uncomfortable working out in front of others who are more physical fit than myself. Yes, I can play it off and be caviler about it, but the looks and remarks made under their breath it hurts. They just assume that I'm at home watching daytime soaps eating bon bons. Of course that is not the case, my day begins at 5am and ends around 11. I have 3 school age children and 3 at home....4, 2 and 10 months (yeah tell me about it) so I'm a busy woman. I know when to say enough, that I can't do this alone and I need some assistance, that doesn't make me weak, it's smart to know when to say when. Life is to short I have my family to think of. I want to run and play and enjoy my babies. Not be a burden to them because I have severe medical issues.
This journey may be long but at the end I see myself stronger and living a healthier and longer life. My prayers and best wishes for everyone here where ever they are on the journey to a healthier body.

Stacyb15
on 1/2/10 12:51 pm - Casa Grande, AZ
RNY on 05/17/10 with
Welcome!! Six babies, holy moly lady, you must be busy (and a saint!) .

Best of luck to you!!
Luvresia
on 1/3/10 5:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well I dont know about the saint part...lol but yes very busy. Thank you for the warm welcome.
Terri G.
on 1/2/10 10:08 pm - ME
Welcome Back,
I really can relate to you story not me but my daughter she has 11,10,9,4,2 she took a small vacation for a few years. I do wish you the best on this journey I know any person that has such a busy life and devoted so much of herself to her family and life will do a great job.
Feel free to drop me a line and let me know how you are doing.
Terri

Luvresia
on 1/3/10 5:24 am, edited 1/3/10 1:10 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you Terri. Yes sounds like me and your daughter are on similar paths...lol I will do that. I know that when my time comes I will have so many questions (and doubts) and having a  good support system is truly a blessing.
Terri G.
on 1/3/10 5:33 am - ME
So True that is a good support system is need. I am lucky my husband though concerned is supportive. Hang in there. How close are you?
Terri

Luvresia
on 1/3/10 1:09 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Well I'm truly in the beginnig of the process. I have to attend a seminar on January the 8th. Then it's off to get my referral from my PCP and to the surgeon. Hopefully they wont have me take to many test. I had an ecko and mri earlier this year. My pregnancy was rough and my blood pressure was really high. I figure 2 months tops. Being prayerful and always hopeful. How are you feeling?
Vicki S.
on 1/3/10 4:19 pm - Peoria, AZ
RNY on 01/18/10 with
I am on the state Medicaid insurance too here in Arizona. I thought it would be a quick process, but I was wrong. I don't want to discourage you in any way. I started the whole process Dec of 2008 and I finally am scheduled for surgery this month on the 18th. It is a total runaround from the insurance. Just when I thought I had done enough, they would notify my PCP that there was more to do. I too have high blood pressure and almost everything they list on the co-morbid list that would qualify me for surgery. But that still didn't matter to them.  I wish you get though the process a lot faster than I did. Which surgeon are you going to for the seminar? I am just wondering. I wish you well and I will pray for a fast surgery date for you.
Luvresia
on 1/4/10 2:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
Yes, that can be very frustrating...we are soo eager to begin our life as healthier people that we want it now...right now. I know the process may or may not be long, I didn't gain this weight overnight so I must be patient, I know in the end it will be well worth it.

The surgeon is Dr. Juarez through the Bridges program at St. Lukes Hospital in Phoenix.

Congratulations on your approval!!!!
Terri G.
on 1/3/10 8:51 pm - ME
I too wi**** would go fast for you. I have private insurance,Between all the tests. Etc it took almost a year to get approval. So I do wish you the best of luck. My eldest daughter is just starting this path. so not sure how long it will take her either.
Terri
Most Active