word of mouth

marcie K.
on 12/31/09 8:08 am - Sahuarita, AZ
I just had the dr you are referring to do my revision.  I know a lot of people who do think he walks on water and I also had a reliable source tell me bad things as well.  I had to go with my gut.  He has been nothing but great with me and took me on as a patient when I was having problems with my original surgeon.  He told me they have only had 1 leak and it was early on and they changed the way they do things because of it and have not had one since.  I was a revision from a problem band and am at higher risk for a leak because of it and so far I haven't had a problem.  They check you the next day for a leak before you are allowed to ingest anything or leave the hospital.  I think(but I don't know if this is a fact) him and his partner are some of the most experienced sleeve surgeons in the sw.  Maybe you could look into dr b the partner and would be comfortable with him?  I can't tell you anything about him but know people like him as well.

That being said; there is another surgeon in Tucson that does the sleeve but has much less experience; Dr Monash.  I think he is a great person.  Everyone loves him as well and I have seen him and a lot of my friends have had bands with him.  He wasn't willing to do a revision (he has never done one) and I didn't want to be left with just having my band removed.

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/10 11:51 am - AZ
On December 27, 2009 at 4:13 PM Pacific Time, angelweber wrote:
Hello

I have been doing a ton of research on weight loss surgery. I am hoping to have the vertical sleeve procedure in 2010. My husbands insurance does cover the surger (he has United Healthcare). One thing that I am having a hard time finding online are honest reveiws. This is why I am looking.....my friend recommended a surgeon in Tucson...his last name starts with a "C" and she thought he walked on water and was the best for the vertical sleeve and that I should go to him. Well my friend works in the ER. She befriended a new traveling nurse that worked in an ER in Tucson. Long story short, my friend who thought DR C walked on water, told me not to see him. That he had a very high rate of leaks.

If you can tell my who is highly recommended and why in the great state of Arizona, I would greatly appriciate it.

Thank you!

I do hope most realize that I have never met a greater majority of the people on this thread.  Never met them, never posted to them, never even read their posts.

Good job, Dr. K..... your attack on my person pays off!  I (as one of many) call you on trolling the boards and you get your idiots chasing me down.

You are PMing people suggesting you be their doc (Ashley is a good example) and you send your girlie girls after me.

Heh... You do realize, I win.  Right?

Block block block... people I have never heard of, posted to, or read my posts.. they are all on block.

Desperate for business, Dr. K?

Most Active