Not a warm welcome

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/09 1:39 am - AZ
On December 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM Pacific Time, Cdavis07 wrote:

Well, I thought coming to this board would bring me a new support network to lean on as I approach my surgery date, and instead I find bickering of all sorts. I am all for the sharing of both good and bad experiences, but to insult someone on the board for not having a negative experience that someone else did, makes no sense to me.

Shout it from the roof tops if you have an issue with a surgeon, but don't spit on the people in the house you're standing on!

For those that are here for same reason I am, my name is Crystal and I am 8 days shy of my surgery. Dr. Fang will be doing my surgery, I chose him after my mom had surgery with his office as well two years ago. Struggling with the liquid diet prior to surgery, but I know it's to reduce risks. Not looking forward to missing some good bowl games on TV post surgery but I will enjoy them while resting I suppose

Fang and his partner are great docs from everything I have read, heard, and researched.  Good luck to you.

Terri G.
on 12/31/09 4:53 pm - ME
Crystal,
Hello first. I just had surgery on the 29th and just got home New Years eve. Dr Fang did my surgery and repaired the hernia that I had. He is a great Dr. I like many had a hard time with the liquid diet part. At almost the end a friend told me to get the instant Breakfast add a scoop of protein and blend with ice and about 6 oz of water. For me it worked I was less hungry and did better.
I wish you the Best of luck. Any questions. or any help I can give please feel free to write. We both are new to this wonderful new life.

Terri

Modest Vixen
on 12/31/09 11:57 pm - Surprise, AZ
Terri, glad to see you are home and doing well! I am glad to hear it went well!! SO excited for both of us on our new lives!! Did you cheat at all during the two weeks? Does Dr Fang ask if you did? I am just hoping my one slip this week doesn't affect my surgery :( I have been drinking the fortified milk +carnation all two weeks and last night had a bite of something. BAH on me! I know

How did you feel about St. Luke's in general. My mother enjoyed it there, but I have also heard a lot of negative about the staff. When you feel up to it feel free to dish :)

~*Crystal*~

HW-327/SW-313/CW-271/Doc's Goal:150 ......Awaiting Revision to DS     
Post RNY baby born 6 weeks early, Jaelyn Mary Christine May 9th, 2011    

Terri G.
on 1/1/10 12:32 am - ME
Crystal,
I did cheat a few times. no Dr Fang did not ask. Though I will let you know as much as you can stay on your liq. the better for your health and recovery. Use your breathing mach. I found many ways to drink my fluids. Please add me to friends list. I will be happy to help support you with any questions or just to talk
Terri

Most Active