Not a warm welcome

Modest Vixen
on 12/28/09 10:39 am - Surprise, AZ

Well, I thought coming to this board would bring me a new support network to lean on as I approach my surgery date, and instead I find bickering of all sorts. I am all for the sharing of both good and bad experiences, but to insult someone on the board for not having a negative experience that someone else did, makes no sense to me.

Shout it from the roof tops if you have an issue with a surgeon, but don't spit on the people in the house you're standing on!

For those that are here for same reason I am, my name is Crystal and I am 8 days shy of my surgery. Dr. Fang will be doing my surgery, I chose him after my mom had surgery with his office as well two years ago. Struggling with the liquid diet prior to surgery, but I know it's to reduce risks. Not looking forward to missing some good bowl games on TV post surgery but I will enjoy them while resting I suppose

Michele T.
on 12/28/09 11:35 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Crystal,

I'm so sorry that you came to the board at the wrong time.  Unfortunately, due to MWG's attacks many people have been off the board.  I moved from CA last summer and felt very fortunate to find a terrific supportive group on the AZ board.

Dr Fang conducts a support group.  I believe it's on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30, but double check with the office.  I strongly suggest that you attend as often as possible as I believe the groups are an important factor in successful WLS.

If you have questions, or just want a different perspective from your Mom, feel free to PM me.  Best of luck with your surgery!

Michele
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/09 1:36 am - AZ
On December 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM Pacific Time, Michele T. wrote:
Crystal,

I'm so sorry that you came to the board at the wrong time.  Unfortunately, due to MWG's attacks many people have been off the board.  I moved from CA last summer and felt very fortunate to find a terrific supportive group on the AZ board.

Dr Fang conducts a support group.  I believe it's on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30, but double check with the office.  I strongly suggest that you attend as often as possible as I believe the groups are an important factor in successful WLS.

If you have questions, or just want a different perspective from your Mom, feel free to PM me.  Best of luck with your surgery!

Michele

Nonsense.

Joyce has denied for two years promoting Schlesinger and finally she admitted she was promoting him and being paid for it.  That's not what support is, especially knowing full well he's not the best of surgeons.  You don't like that?  Tough.  Use your block feature.

Stacyb15
on 12/28/09 11:53 am - Casa Grande, AZ
RNY on 05/17/10 with
I have been reading and posting for about a month now. I don't know what is going on and try not to get involved in it. I want to learn and be prepared for when I have my surgery, hopefully sometime early this winter.

Best of luck to you. The only part I am really dreading is the 2 week liquid diet required before surgery. That must be tough.
StacysMom
on 12/28/09 12:25 pm
 No one is trying to "bicker".   You are not aware of what was going on with these boards for a few years now.   There is SO MUCH you do not know!  There are some of us who are just sick of the hype and want the truth to get out.    

These boards were being used as  "gorilla marketing" tools to procure patients and promote business.   You should be thankful that there are those of us who are watching and are willing to stick our necks out to inform newbies about "both sides of the coin", when previously they were only getting one side!   There is a lot of history here of which you are unaware.

Try reading both this board and the revisions board back, oh ... 3 years or so, before you venture an opinion.   I'm sure you will then see the point of this.  

Good luck with your surgery and I hope you get the support that you need.
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/09 11:40 pm
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/09 1:37 am - AZ
On December 28, 2009 at 8:25 PM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
 No one is trying to "bicker".   You are not aware of what was going on with these boards for a few years now.   There is SO MUCH you do not know!  There are some of us who are just sick of the hype and want the truth to get out.    

These boards were being used as  "gorilla marketing" tools to procure patients and promote business.   You should be thankful that there are those of us who are watching and are willing to stick our necks out to inform newbies about "both sides of the coin", when previously they were only getting one side!   There is a lot of history here of which you are unaware.

Try reading both this board and the revisions board back, oh ... 3 years or so, before you venture an opinion.   I'm sure you will then see the point of this.  

Good luck with your surgery and I hope you get the support that you need.

Good post!

Truth is a horror for some. ;o)

dbuckeye
on 12/28/09 1:34 pm - Sun City, AZ
I had my surgery with Dr. Fang last April.  He is awesome.  The office staff has been wonderful to me.  Hope to see you at support groups.  I noticed you were from Surprize.  We have a support group in Sun City.  We would love to have you.  Interested I can give you the scoop.  You'll do wonderful.  I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Debbie
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/28/09 11:24 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hi Crystal,
Welcome to the board. I know exactly how you feel, I started feeling the same way about the AZ board.  There are some on here that seem to keep the tension going. I could see the cut downs, if they had their surgery with the surgeons in question and or lived in AZ.  Most of us on here come here to get and give support to our fellow Arizonans.  I've learned to overlook their threads. You can always block them if they get on your nerves..
Good Luck with your upcoming surgery, I will be praying you have a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Gator5957
on 12/29/09 1:15 am
Hello Crystal,

Sorry your first experience here was bad.  It's kind of like anything, you really need to gleen the information you want or need fron the massive amounts of information provided.  I really feel everyone on this board is looking out for everyone's best interest.  I also believe positive reinforcement is best.  I'm sure you'll do great in your surgery.  You'll have the normal "flutters" prior to surgery, but you'll do fine.     I'm a little over one week post op.  If I can help you at all on what you're feeling, fears, etc. feel free to ask.  I may not have thr answer but I may be able to direct you to the answer.  Good luck.....

Most Active