6 month diet while pregnant?

misscrazO
on 12/22/09 10:18 pm - Kingman, AZ
In august I went to Dr Simpsons for a lapband consult. I was put on the pre op diet and bought a ton of Unjry shake stuff to get  it done.. The next month I found out I was pregnant. Now I need to start all over again with my 6 month medical supervised diet. Well does anyone know can it also be when I am pregnant? I am 375 pound and 17 weeks pregnant. I am gaining like crazy and my OB said I could lose weight and not hurt the baby, I just feel very discouraged right now.
Stacyb15
on 12/26/09 10:12 am - Casa Grande, AZ
RNY on 05/17/10 with
Please don't feel discouraged. Please be happy about your little baby. That is wonderful news.
I would imagine you would need to contact your insurance agency about the supervised diet while pregnant. Best of luck!
Luvresia
on 1/4/10 3:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
You can safely lose weight during pregnancy, but they will not consider any weight loss during your pregnancy as part of the pre-op diet because if you were to be approved you could not have surgery due to your pregnancy. Don't be discourged, I went through this same situation, but I had actually taken all of the test, and actually got a approval. Only to find out that I was pregnant. You know how they have you stop taking your birth control pills 2 months prior to surgery to prevent blood clots......lol I can laugh about it now.
What you can do now is start walking, maybe just a block or 2 at first, try to get to a mile. Drink plenty of water and just adopt healthier habits. It can be rough during pregnancy but you can do it. Then after your little miracle is here you can continue with what you have been doing and start the process again.

***Things may have changed ( you know how insurance companies are) this was in 2006 and I had Cigna insurance. Talk to your doctors and insurance.
Most Active