New Bee need a little help PLEASE??

FLYINGBUTCHER
on 12/16/09 5:48 am - Denton, TX
Had the surgery a little over 3 years ago. To state the least CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER!! Now I am in a little trouble and sure could use some help. I had surgery done in Mexico. I hae a local Dr. (Colleyville Texas) who works with me. Just went in today and he suggested we remove all the saline and let the "pouch" shrink up a little. He suggested to have the fill done again in 4 weeks. My problem is that we winter in Surprise and won't be back home until March. I'm scared to death to wait that long with no fill. I have tried to get a couple Dr offices around Surprise to do a fill for me but as soon as I tell them surgery was done in Mexico they refuse to do it??? Does anyone know of any Dr within a couple hundred miles that would do the fill for me?? If you have had the surgery done I am sure you can imagine the state of concern I am in!! Appreciate any help you all can give me. Hope ya all have a very "thin" Christmas. Thanks in advance for any assistance
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/09 11:42 am - AZ
On December 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM Pacific Time, FLYINGBUTCHER wrote:
Had the surgery a little over 3 years ago. To state the least CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER!! Now I am in a little trouble and sure could use some help. I had surgery done in Mexico. I hae a local Dr. (Colleyville Texas) who works with me. Just went in today and he suggested we remove all the saline and let the "pouch" shrink up a little. He suggested to have the fill done again in 4 weeks. My problem is that we winter in Surprise and won't be back home until March. I'm scared to death to wait that long with no fill. I have tried to get a couple Dr offices around Surprise to do a fill for me but as soon as I tell them surgery was done in Mexico they refuse to do it??? Does anyone know of any Dr within a couple hundred miles that would do the fill for me?? If you have had the surgery done I am sure you can imagine the state of concern I am in!! Appreciate any help you all can give me. Hope ya all have a very "thin" Christmas. Thanks in advance for any assistance

Berger and Aldridge in Flag do it under fluoro for $200 I think that is the price.

Aceves in Mexicali for $175 under fluoro,

Robin Blackstone just laid off a bunch of staff including her PA, he is doing them without fluoro for $100.  If you want I can get his name but he's in Phoenix.  He travels.

I cannot suggest Wendy... forget her last name...from Heber, AZ.  She does not use the right type of needle.  Wendy Hall???

Does this help?

My personal preference and the person I went to when I was banded is my own surgeon in Mexicali.  It's 55 miles west of Yuma, AZ.  I heart him.  They use total sterile technique and NOT clean technique.  This is critical when doing fills.  I do not know *how* Berger and Aldridge do it nor do I know *how* Blackstones old PA does it.  They could well do sterile technique.

Orris and DeBarros in Tempe will do fills for one hellofalotta money.  I do not suggest them.  You have to pay like $2000 to join their program then another $400 or so for a consult and then the fill on top of that.  They do not do fills under fluoro but ultrasound instead.  All ultrasound does is help them find the port, it does NOT tell them if your slip is fixed, etc.  Cheaper doctors do much better work.

FLYINGBUTCHER
on 12/17/09 9:34 pm - Denton, TX
Thank you so much for all the info. I will try the one in Flag as that is not to far from Surprise. Again thanks for taking time to help me. Hope you have a "thin" and wonderful Holiday Seson.
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/09 12:20 am - AZ
On December 18, 2009 at 5:34 AM Pacific Time, FLYINGBUTCHER wrote:
Thank you so much for all the info. I will try the one in Flag as that is not to far from Surprise. Again thanks for taking time to help me. Hope you have a "thin" and wonderful Holiday Seson.

A friend of mine goes there.  FWIW she claims Aldridge is more aggressive with fills, something she likes.

FLYINGBUTCHER
on 12/21/09 12:05 am - Denton, TX
Got an appointment with tge Drs in Flagstaff. Told them I had lb installed in Mexico and was told that was not a problem. I had surgen from Mexico fax history to them. Office person seemed very friendly. Thanks again for all your hel[
Most Active