New to AZ forum, a little help please?

sparkpeopleup
on 12/16/09 5:57 pm - GA
My fiance and I are looking into moving to Phoenix or the surrounding area. Are there some nice health food stores where I can get good prices on protein, and are there by any chance apartments with gyms so I don't have to lug my treadmill? My surgery is in less than two weeks, and we are looking to move about a month afterward, and I feel like I have absolutely no info at all. Anything anyone can tell me or show me would be awesome. Thanks for looking.
Michele T.
on 12/17/09 10:38 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Health is a local chain with a good selection.

http://www.hihealth.com/

Lots of the apartment complexes have gyms.  Also look at renting a house as many neighborhoods have community centers with gyms as well.

I just moved here last summer and I love it!  I hope you do as well!

Michele
liveinphx
on 12/17/09 8:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Most of the larger apt complexes have fitness centers on the property. That should not be a major hurdle.
As far as health food stores for protein goes I get most of my protein shakes at Wal-Mart or Costco. I do not use protein powders just the ready to drink but the powders are also easily available at Costco and Walmart and cost much less than the health food stores.
The major health food type stores that sell both powder and ready to drink shakes as well as a wide selection of protein bars are
GNC Nutirition
Vitamin Shoppe
Hi-Health
Trader Joes
All have stores throughout the valley.
Welcome
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
sparkpeopleup
on 12/17/09 11:26 pm - GA
Thank you both a bunch. I don't know why, but every time I think about moving anywhere, I always panic just a little because I don't want to end up in a really nasty part of town that has nothing I need. I'll look around at the apartment buildings and see which ones are in good areas and have gyms. We don't need much and we don't have pets, so it shouldn't be too hard I hope.
Betty S.
on 12/18/09 1:48 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi;  everybody is giving good advice on the stores...I do the protein powder from WalMart- tastes good and doesn't  break the bank.
I moved here about 5 years ago, and the one thing I hadn't considered what this....
Phoenix is HUGE!!!!
I swear it can take over an hour to drive from one end of the valley to another.  I live in Tempe, work in Scottsdale....if I were to drive to my c0-workers homes, I'd be driving about 40 miles one way.
Take a look at where you are going to work- commuting can be a real pain, depending on your location.  I like Tempe (South-kinda East Valley) to Scottsdale (North-East Valley) because the traffic isn't so bad. 
Around central phoenix it always seems crowded, and coming from the west valley to central phoenix seems super busy, from the traffic reports.
Take a look online, maybe rent.com....different neighborhoods are different prices, but there is a ton for rent right now, with good deals.  Lots of folks are renting houses, so apartments are hurting.  It's a good time to move here!

dmk22498
on 12/18/09 9:26 am - tempe, AZ
check out anthem az.
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/09 12:17 am - AZ
On December 17, 2009 at 1:57 AM Pacific Time, sparkpeopleup wrote:
My fiance and I are looking into moving to Phoenix or the surrounding area. Are there some nice health food stores where I can get good prices on protein, and are there by any chance apartments with gyms so I don't have to lug my treadmill? My surgery is in less than two weeks, and we are looking to move about a month afterward, and I feel like I have absolutely no info at all. Anything anyone can tell me or show me would be awesome. Thanks for looking.

The cheapest place I have found with the biggest selection and the most convenience is on line.

www.netrition.com

They only charge $4.95 for shipping no matter how much you buy.

Most Active