Stop putting down people on the boards

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/09 9:06 am - AZ
On December 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM Pacific Time, tochatty wrote:
So am I understanding this right when you say Days 1&2 you only do protein shakes all day, no foods.  Are you doing low carb, high protein shakes?

And what are soft proteins?  I would like to try this if not this week maybe I will do it the week I get back from my holiday vacation.  If nothing else and I do not get full I am sure it will be good for me in general ...LOL. 

I will have to google it too and see what else others say about the pouch test.  I have heard others talk about it but I just never considered it for myself since I have a rupture in my staple line and my food is not going through my new pouch into the new channel and also my old stomach and through the old way.  Hummmm something to look into. 

I have to admit over the years I have been good about getting my protein in still which I am proud of. 

Days 1&2 as many protein shakes as I want (Usually about 4, sometimes 5.) but I limit carbs to 20gms a day.  I use shakes that I can make with water.instead of milk (don't like the carbs, don't like milk) such as Whey Gourmet or Matrix 5.0.  Really, if you wanted you could probably go as high as 30gms of carbs a day but I stick to <20gms.

Soft proteins... tuna salad, chicken salad, flaky fish such as tilapia, orange roughy, etc.  Then day #5 hard proteins like red meat.. steak, etc.

You don't count fat grams or calories, just carbs.

A friend of mine is sleeved.  She was in the hospital recently for a double knee replacement.  Between the hospital and rehab she was gone for 17 days.  They kept giving her Percocet and she was so nauseated she couldn't eat a thing.  She sipped on liquids for 17 days.  After she got home and quit the narcotics she could eat food again.  Only thing, it's been 2 months and she still can't eat anything near what she used to.  Her quantities are seriously limited and of course, she's thrilled.  I call it her 17 day pouch test. ;o)  She claims that she has mega serious restriction since then.  She can give you more details if you wish, I can email her and ask her to come here.  Her ID is EastCoastGal, she's an RN back east.

AZsheltiemom
on 12/13/09 2:53 pm - Yuma, AZ

Thank you for posting what I was too much of chicken to post myself.   The recent posts have gone from bad to horribly bad.  If you do not like reading something someone has posted or how they post, DON"T read it ... block them. 

Personally I do not know Joyce ... I have read her posts, somethings I agree with and something I don't.  I am responsible for taking the information I have read and investigate it myself.  A procedure for one person is not the perfect procedure for someone else.  Your perfect recipe might be not to perfect for me.

Thanks for listening.
Lois

StacysMom
on 12/13/09 3:18 pm
 There will some really good info coming out in the coming weeks.  Info you will WANT to  be aware of.  Now is NOT the time to start blocking people who may have info which is VERY pertinent to many of you.    IMO, blocking people is  like book burning.   You may not like what's on every page of a book, but there may be a chapter which entertains or engages you.   Likewise, there may be ONE post you see which  could give you info which helps you save time, energy, money or  maybe even your life.    Not a chance I would take.   It's like censoring TV.   If you don't like what you're seeing - change the channel.   Don't throw out the whole TV!!
Most Active