I strayed but am back

Sondra J. S.
on 12/8/09 11:47 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hello my dear statemates.
My name is Sondra I had RNY with Dr. Berger on March 20th 2006.
I lost 100-150lbs but seemed to have regained some back.
I need help with getting back in line. I'm not working just going to college and sitting on my rear at home. There isn't anything to do up here and the gym's to expensive for me at this time, no income.

I'm looking to hook up with new and old friends on here.
I also would like some motivation to get back on track, back to where I was before I lost my Job and my furbaby in 2007.

I have another fubaby that is ill now, we found out he is a diabetic in the worst way, his eyesight is pretty much gone and he seems to be wasting away. I just need some encourgament I suppose. Depression is not a good thing. then you think of comfort foods and eating.

Help!
Thank you,
Sondra

JRinAZ
on 12/9/09 12:33 am - Layton, UT
On December 9, 2009 at 7:47 AM Pacific Time, Sondra J. S. wrote:
Hello my dear statemates.
My name is Sondra I had RNY with Dr. Berger on March 20th 2006.
I lost 100-150lbs but seemed to have regained some back.
I need help with getting back in line. I'm not working just going to college and sitting on my rear at home. There isn't anything to do up here and the gym's to expensive for me at this time, no income.

I'm looking to hook up with new and old friends on here.
I also would like some motivation to get back on track, back to where I was before I lost my Job and my furbaby in 2007.

I have another fubaby that is ill now, we found out he is a diabetic in the worst way, his eyesight is pretty much gone and he seems to be wasting away. I just need some encourgament I suppose. Depression is not a good thing. then you think of comfort foods and eating.

Help!
Thank you,
Sondra
Hi there Sondra!
It's good to see you posting again though I'm so sorry for your struggles and especially for the loss of your furbaby.  I sincerely hope you can figure out how to treat your little furbaby now and get him or her well.  They are such a comfort to us and become like our kiddos!  I've been known to cancel an entire day just to sit and rock a sick puppy.

I understand finances and being away from gyms and such.  Two ideas you may consider.....your libarary will probably have DVD's of exercise types?  Or, you can log onto Chris Powell's (local AZ guru) website www.reshapethenation.com and get ideas on exercising at home with stuff that everyone has in the house.  He has helped zillions get healthy through eating plans and exercise.

Another thought is that you get online with the Back on Track groups.  Cathy of OH runs the BOTT support site.  (Back on Track Together).  Just go to:  OH Groups and then put BOTT in the search window.  They have great ideas.

The grad group is another forum where folks chat who are further out from surgery and are in the same place that you and I are in:  learning to maintain our loss and making it part of our ongoing plan for life!

Kudos to you for moving forward with school.  I'm sorry about the job situation....kind of a stinky economy right now and many of us are trying to keep our heads above water.  Depression is defintiely NOT a good thing and if you have medical benefits, I'd suggest trying to get some meds and/or counseling.  I wish you could join us today at the support group.  It's facilitated by a psych.   I'll pass on any tips that she may share tonight that could benefit, K?

Good for you for reaching out on here.  Maybe peeps who are in your area will read your post and could make contact?  Is there any WLS support system in your area?  If you ever come to the valley for any reason then give us a heads up and we'll roll out the red carpet and call a spontaneous support luncheon or something.  I have friends in Prescott and Tucson who come to our area occasionally.  We usually get a few of us together for a spontaneous get together and it always turns into a mini support moment.  We all need lifting!

If you want to get serious about losing then let me know......I have been trying to find time to launch a Back on Track support group for the zillions who are in the same boat as us (out a few years and struggling).  I have a ton of research accumulated so will pull it together someday soon.

Best wishes to the furbaby and especially to you!  Let us know how we can support you, K?! 

Merry Christmas friend!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active