RELOCATING TO AZ!

layna2080
on 12/7/09 9:09 pm - KEYPORT, NJ
HELLO EVERYONE!!
I WILL BE MOVING TO AZ IN APRIL AND AM TRYING TO GET SUGGESTIONS FOR SURGEONS TO CONTINUE MY FOLLOW UP CARE - (HAD SURGERY IN JUNE 09)

I WILL BE IN THE WEST VALLEY/AVONDALE AREA -

THANK YOU!!

JRinAZ
on 12/7/09 10:51 pm - Layton, UT
On December 8, 2009 at 5:09 AM Pacific Time, layna2080 wrote:
HELLO EVERYONE!!
I WILL BE MOVING TO AZ IN APRIL AND AM TRYING TO GET SUGGESTIONS FOR SURGEONS TO CONTINUE MY FOLLOW UP CARE - (HAD SURGERY IN JUNE 09)

THANK YOU!!

Hi there Layna!
I'm thinking the closest lapband surgeon to your area is Dr. Terry Simpson.  He has a great post-op/ follow-up program.
Others who specialize in lapbands are:  Dr. Orris, Dr. DeBarros and Dr. Nirmul

If you don't mind a drive to the Eastside and want and amazing program then I'd recommend Dr. Podkamini or Dr. Schuster with Banner Gateway.  In fact, that's a great place to go if you're missing a little Eastcoast flair!  LOL!  Their Bariatric Director is 100% Jersey!   There's also a relatively new surgeon to the Eastside who specializes in lapbands:  Dr. Marge Buttler.  I recently met her and love her "small" boutique type approach of personal care with her patient's. 

Keep us posted and join one of our support groups when you land in town.  There's a group that meets in the Sun City area (Ann's group) and one at Banner Estrella (Westside group).  Both are peer facilitated and open to everyone.

We are FREEZING here right now or I'd tell you that you'll love our weather! ....Of course by April we'll be in the triple digits:)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/09 10:37 am - AZ
On December 8, 2009 at 5:09 AM Pacific Time, layna2080 wrote:
HELLO EVERYONE!!

THANK YOU!!

I cannot suggest Orris or DeBarros for you for many reasons but one is that they will charge you a $2500 program fee if they did not do your sugery before they will do your aftercare and they are quite expensive for basic fills.

I do not know what Simpson charges, do ask about program fees and if they are required.

Most Active