Update on Lizzie (Schlesinger's screw up fixed by Mayo)

StacysMom
on 12/10/09 4:30 am
 "Jen started out with DeBarros/Orris, went to AZWLS and now is at Tempe St Luke's. "

Jen, who actually WORKS for the doctor in question here, doesn't come  onto the boards to promote him.   If she did, it would be OK because everyone knows that she works for him an prospective patients would view these posts  as  "marketing"  and not rely on them as much as a post from merely a "happy patient".

Joyce is not merely a "happy" patient of Schlesinger's (and she ain't all that happy).   People who are new to OH need to know that so that they can comprehend her posts in "context".     There is some kind of long-standing (at least since 2007) business arrangement between her and Schlesinger.  

She has said many times, that he does not "pay" her, so perhaps actual cash money doesn't change hands, but that does not mean there is no business "reward" forthcoming.   What about a symbiotic relationship, where both parties benefit from their actions?  

I don't know what she is getting from him in private (maybe faster returned phone calls, longer appointment times or closer follow-up care?  Getting to lead his support groups?  Having literature from her PS boss at his offices?), but he is pushed by her on support boards (and this is not the only one) and included in any WLS seminar, support group or conference she puts together (she has invited people to come and meet him at her latest venture in Feb 2010).  If THAT is not being an "office advocate", I don't know what is!

toleary
on 12/10/09 2:46 pm - AZ
I really think you should go meet and talk to dr S before you say anymore he is a very kind careing surgeon and the only reason people say he is robotic is because he spends so much time making sure he gives you all the facts I am sure rehearsed over the years to make sure he leaves nothing out ..go for a consult I am sure you will leave his office with a wealth of information.

I would also like to suggest that you get a hobby you have way to much time on your hands.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY
StacysMom
on 12/10/09 2:51 pm
 Once again, you misunderstand my intentions.   I have nothing against this doctor.    I'm sure he is a wonderful, caring man.   I only have a problem with misleading patients and he has a history of doing that.    There is much  more to this story which you wouldn't know unless you've been reading the revisions board for the past 3 years.  

And, currently, there is NO WAY this doctor has done 200 DS surgeries!  NO WAY!   I doubt he has done even 20!   Prospective DS patients should know that.  

As I've said before, if someone wants an open RNY, he's the "go-to" guy to see.  Lots of experience!   Nothing wrong with that!
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/11/09 12:39 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 10:32 am, edited 12/15/09 9:25 pm - AZ
On December 11, 2009 at 8:39 AM Pacific Time, wendy559 wrote: Hi Toleary,
I totally agree,  They are some on this board that has way to much time on their hand and go around bashing Dr's, and calling other people names..  It is sad that they haven't even meet any of them and they have these feelings.   The need to get a life!!!!!!
Life is what you make it and I can see some are very unhappy.
Blessing to you also.

Then there are others with amazingly poor grammer (a 5th grader speaks and spells better) who have outed themselves as a bigot.  Funny how that works.

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 1:53 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You misspelled "grammar". Sorry..I could not resist.
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 2:02 pm - AZ
On December 11, 2009 at 9:53 PM Pacific Time, Suzy R. wrote:
You misspelled "grammar". Sorry..I could not resist.
Don't you know?  It's a rule. When you slam dunk someone else for their grammar you are bound to screw up your own.  It's a form of karma. ;o)

The only excuse I have right now are "r" mistakes.  My "r" key is not working.  Wish I had a better excuse for the above. ;o)))))))))))))  But I do not. Heh....

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/09 8:47 am - AZ
On December 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM Pacific Time, wendy559 wrote:

Interesting!!!!!!!!!!  You have been reading the board for 3 yrs, and only been a member for a little over a year.  I go on the board and ask questions then do my own research.  Like I said before that is no one fault but there one.
Why are all the people on here doing the bad mouthing don't have a profile?

Excuse me?  I have an extensive profile.

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/9/09 9:08 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I know you do.  As for what I have read,  Mexican Surgeons are where we should have went.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/09 9:12 am - AZ
On December 9, 2009 at 5:08 PM Pacific Time, wendy559 wrote:
I know you do.  As for what I have read,  Mexican Surgeons are where we should have went.

Where in the heck do you get that?  Do you have ANY idea how many people go to Mexico for surgery?  Do you think we should all hide how to research them?  Did you see the note above the suggestions of how to research that it will work for US surgeons as well?  Selective reading.

I also have advice for newbies, cheap and easy cooking, and motivation for everyone but all YOU see is how to research (gasp!) Mexican surgeons.  Are you by any chance just a bit of a bigot?  Hmmm?

Heh... silly little twit.

Most Active