Update on Lizzie (Schlesinger's screw up fixed by Mayo)

StacysMom
on 12/8/09 6:37 pm, edited 12/8/09 6:39 pm
 In the immortal words of Saturday Night Live's "Church Lady" played by Dana Carvey -- "Wellll, isn't thaaat s-p-e-c-i-a-l !!"

OMG,  I can't believe that a complaint letter against a surgeon has turned into a "YOU ROCK" fest for Joyce.   

First of all, MWG isn't saying that Schlesinger is the ONLY doc in AZ who has lawsuits against him.   What she IS saying is that he's the only one who is promoted AD NAUSEUM night & day by  "office advocates"  who has lawsuits - not only in AZ, but in other parts of the country.  AND, SHE POSTED LINKS TO THE ACTUAL PUBLIC RECORDS, so stop calling it "accusations" - is it NOT "accusations" - there are FACTS posted.  Or maybe the public records are lying too?  I guess it's all just being made up out of thin air because the public records people don't like Joyce?   Maybe they "have it in" for poor misunderstood Joyce" at the public records office??   

And, if you were less busy backslapping each other and promoting one doctor as the "second coming", you would realize this.   OMG!  We get it, you're one happy happy little clique!  So, go off and celebrate the joy of being yourselves and let those who deal in reality and actual facts do our thing!  Your so-called research consists of asking Joyce what to do, now doesn't it?  Hmmm, Lizzie took Joyce's "advice" and look what happened to her!

All THREE of you DS patients are just such happy happy little Guinea Pigs, aren't you?   You're probably all "office advocates" (for Schlesinger's burgeoning DS practice, LOL) coming to defend your buddy Joyce.  Read that again -- THREE OF YOU - only THREE!!  Gee, didn't I say I read  he had done 2 or 3?  Not 200, like it says on his OH page!  Three. Interesting, isn't it?   The whole group of you CONTINUE to make my point for me!

Interesting why such a successful, talented and well-known surgeon would have to resort to having former patients pump various web boards to find patients for him.    Interesting.   That's all I'm sayin'.

I don't see the office advocates (if there are any) for the other WLS practices in AZ doing this.  
 Where are the people hyping Blackstone, or Juarez, Fang, Mayo, or the docs in Flagstaff??  I've heard that Blackstone had to let go of half her staff, due to lack of business.   If that is what is happening to one of the most popular WLS practices in AZ, it is no surprise that a newbie like Schlesinger, who has had three jobs in three years , would have to resort to this.

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/09 1:39 am - AZ
On December 9, 2009 at 2:37 AM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
 In the immortal words of Saturday Night Live's "Church Lady" played by Dana Carvey -- "Wellll, isn't thaaat s-p-e-c-i-a-l !!"

OMG,  I can't believe that a complaint letter against a surgeon has turned into a "YOU ROCK" fest for Joyce.   

First of all, MWG isn't saying that Schlesinger is the ONLY doc in AZ who has lawsuits against him.   What she IS saying is that he's the only one who is promoted AD NAUSEUM night & day by  "office advocates"  who has lawsuits - not only in AZ, but in other parts of the country.  AND, SHE POSTED LINKS TO THE ACTUAL PUBLIC RECORDS, so stop calling it "accusations" - is it NOT "accusations" - there are FACTS posted.  Or maybe the public records are lying too?  I guess it's all just being made up out of thin air because the public records people don't like Joyce?   Maybe they "have it in" for poor misunderstood Joyce" at the public records office??   

And, if you were less busy backslapping each other and promoting one doctor as the "second coming", you would realize this.   OMG!  We get it, you're one happy happy little clique!  So, go off and celebrate the joy of being yourselves and let those who deal in reality and actual facts do our thing!  Your so-called research consists of asking Joyce what to do, now doesn't it?  Hmmm, Lizzie took Joyce's "advice" and look what happened to her!

All THREE of you DS patients are just such happy happy little Guinea Pigs, aren't you?   You're probably all "office advocates" (for Schlesinger's burgeoning DS practice, LOL) coming to defend your buddy Joyce.  Read that again -- THREE OF YOU - only THREE!!  Gee, didn't I say I read  he had done 2 or 3?  Not 200, like it says on his OH page!  Three. Interesting, isn't it?   The whole group of you CONTINUE to make my point for me!

Interesting why such a successful, talented and well-known surgeon would have to resort to having former patients pump various web boards to find patients for him.    Interesting.   That's all I'm sayin'.

I don't see the office advocates (if there are any) for the other WLS practices in AZ doing this.  
 Where are the people hyping Blackstone, or Juarez, Fang, Mayo, or the docs in Flagstaff??  I've heard that Blackstone had to let go of half her staff, due to lack of business.   If that is what is happening to one of the most popular WLS practices in AZ, it is no surprise that a newbie like Schlesinger, who has had three jobs in three years , would have to resort to this.

I know.  It is totally classless to use a thread regarding a woman that almost died at the hands of Schlesinger turned into a love fest for the one that led her to Schlesinger.  And watch Joyce just eats it up.

This thread speaks volumes.

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/9/09 2:25 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I just don't know why you would have to post this for Liz.  She was a active member. Why didn't she come out with the post?  As for Joyce, she don't only recommend 1 surgeon on this board.
If you read through her posts she recommend several.  If you don't do your own research on the surgeons she recommends.  It's no ones fault but your own. 
Just my 2 cents.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/09 2:30 am - AZ
On December 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM Pacific Time, wendy559 wrote:
I just don't know why you would have to post this for Liz.  She was a active member. Why didn't she come out with the post?  As for Joyce, she don't only recommend 1 surgeon on this board.
If you read through her posts she recommend several.  If you don't do your own research on the surgeons she recommends.  It's no ones fault but your own. 
Just my 2 cents.

Lizzie deactivated her account for a variety of reasons, she has no account to post her update.

There is far more to this story than you may realize.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/4074852/Dr-Schlesinger/#331897 73

ginau
on 12/9/09 9:24 pm - mesa, AZ

Wow  I have been reading all the post's - some good points come up and  some bad ones too !

I am not defending anyone  or  out to attack anyone here.  I would just like to share  a little insight .. Lizzie is  part responsable for what happened..  she made a choice - good or bad  she has to accept some responsability.  not all  but some !!! 

Yes  I feel  bad for her - but  reading about her   is only a reminder to research your surgery  and  long term  care, results, issue's etc..  

Good things happen to bad people and  Bad things happen to good people ! 

With  that being said  ''   we all chose to have surgery - we chose to sign the waivers and  consents , we  had been made aware of possible complications. we cant  blame anyone for how our bodies react. 

a few of us  could not stand to deal with a lack luster weight loss  or even a 12 lb reagain  !!   we chose to  have additional surgery - well aware of risks ... etc...  not everyone who has additional surgery has issue's  or horrible complications!!

Do your research - make calls  and dont rely on what 2 or 3 people  tell you.  know the good, bad and ugly and make an informed choice. 

and NO !!   I am not a  paid advocate or anything else !! So stop with that crap already ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/09 10:55 pm - AZ
On December 10, 2009 at 5:24 AM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:

Wow  I have been reading all the post's - some good points come up and  some bad ones too !

I am not defending anyone  or  out to attack anyone here.  I would just like to share  a little insight .. Lizzie is  part responsable for what happened..  she made a choice - good or bad  she has to accept some responsability.  not all  but some !!! 

Yes  I feel  bad for her - but  reading about her   is only a reminder to research your surgery  and  long term  care, results, issue's etc..  

Good things happen to bad people and  Bad things happen to good people ! 

With  that being said  ''   we all chose to have surgery - we chose to sign the waivers and  consents , we  had been made aware of possible complications. we cant  blame anyone for how our bodies react. 

a few of us  could not stand to deal with a lack luster weight loss  or even a 12 lb reagain  !!   we chose to  have additional surgery - well aware of risks ... etc...  not everyone who has additional surgery has issue's  or horrible complications!!

Do your research - make calls  and dont rely on what 2 or 3 people  tell you.  know the good, bad and ugly and make an informed choice. 

and NO !!   I am not a  paid advocate or anything else !! So stop with that crap already ...

Lizzie is NOT responsible for being bypassed to an 18" common channel and to the point that her body was totally unable to digest food.  What she is responsible for is believing you guys that this doctor has a clue and not doing her research on this doctor.

She may never fully recover from this.  Let's not miss the point here.

StacysMom
on 12/9/09 3:48 am
 People are easily swayed by what others' say, because they assume it's altruistic and that there are no hidden agendas.   Unfortunately, that is NOT the case here.   The truth about some of this so-called "advice" needs to be illuminated.     Especially when there are office advocates for ONE doctor pushing him on OH boards.    This goes WAY beyond merely just saying that one likes their surgeon!   If you had been reading these boards for three years, like I have, you would already know this.

Some people think that hearing what others' say about a surgeon is all the "research" that they need.  Most crawl into a hole to lick their wounds when it is all over.   And/or they switch doctors and don't say anything.   Lizzie is just one example.
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/9/09 4:17 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22

Interesting!!!!!!!!!!  You have been reading the board for 3 yrs, and only been a member for a little over a year.  I go on the board and ask questions then do my own research.  Like I said before that is no one fault but there one.
Why are all the people on here doing the bad mouthing don't have a profile?

Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Current weight 143  

StacysMom
on 12/9/09 8:33 am, edited 12/9/09 8:42 am
 Absolutely right.   I joined in September of 2008 solely so that I could put up posts.   But, I have been reading since Fall of 2006 when a friend of mine who doesn't own a computer asked me to check OH out for him.    Not the AZ board, though.   I only came on here recently because of Joyce's blatant promotion activities of Schlesinger in 2008 on the Revisions board, so I followed her over to the AZ board.   I was curious as to what was going on with her home board.  And, I only post to clear up untruths and state facts.    Nothing else in AZ is any of my business.

Interesting how, when you folks can't attack what I am saying, you all attack ME!   Gee - gosh darn!  Could it be because everything I am saying is the truth and verifiable on public websites??? 

In 2008, I began reading about this Schlesinger guy on the Revisions board and thought some of these women were crazy to travel across the country to get the ERNY, when any experienced bariatric surgeon in their own areas could do the same surgery.   But, it was NONE of my business, so I never posted, just read.  

What was going on then was complete craziness.   A "frenzy" was whipped up on the boards by various cheerleaders and office advocates and none of it made sense.   He was promoted as being all "warm & fuzzy", the most caring doctor you'd ever want to meet - and then when I read his reviews, they almost ALL said that he was "wooden & robotic".   I smelled something "fishy".  

It was like seeing people jump on a bandwagon.  I watched it happen from start to finish.

BTW, I don't badmouth anyone.   I merely expose lies and untruths.   If you view stating the truth as badmouthing, that's your prerogative.    I only JOINED this thing because I was sick of seeing the blatant manipulation of those who were apparently not capable of doing their own research.  Someone had to expose what was going on - and MidwesternGirl was the only one doing it and she was getting beaten up on these boards.   I double checked everything she said and it turned out to be true.   I guess I have a soft spot for the "underdog".  

No doubt the rest of you are all buddies of Joyce's from all of those support groups she frequents constantly  to promote whomever she is working for at the time.    She is commendable!!  I've never seen ANYONE go from job to job so often like that with no lack of enthusiasm.     
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/9/09 9:00 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I had my surgery at Banner Gateway.  I hate to brake it to you, but Joyce doesn't work for them.
I know this for a fact.
She does let us know when and were we can go for support meetings.  With my busy life I just can't keep up with the support meeting here in AZ. 
You don't live in AZ?  It would be great if you could come to AZ  and check out all the support meeting  she remind us about..   
I just don't get this whole tread.  If I had some much trouble with my surgeon.   I would be the first to let other people know what happened.   But I guess that is just me.
So what kind of surgery did you have?
Well according to MidwesternGirl Mexico is were the best surgeons are. 
 Wendy  

Current weight 143  

Most Active