How was everyone's Thanksgiving? :)

sunshine86
on 11/28/09 6:28 am
So? How was it? How did everything go? Did you face any challenges?

I thought it might be interesting to take a poll, since Thanksgiving is the ultimate glutton holiday, that we can no longer celebrate to the fullest extent anymore LOL.

Personally, my day was really nice.... love spending time with the family! Dinner rolled around and I filled up a HUGE plate full of food..... ate till I was full (which didn't take long!).... and saved the left for leftovers. Seemed to work pretty well.... I'm a slow eater.... so by the time I was done with my tiny amount, everyone else was about done gorging themselves..... so we all got to sit there and moan and groan about how full we were LOL.

I had a little bit of a hard time getting the turkey down comfortably.... I like the light turkey and it's a bit dryer than dark meat. And I didn't feel too guilty about eating pumpkin pie.... my boyfriend made it sugar-free.... so it's basically like eating squash, right? :) :P

How did you guys do? Is there anything you would do different in the future?

Sorry, this was my first major holiday since surgery.... so I'm curious to hear :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

JRinAZ
on 11/28/09 11:14 pm - Layton, UT
On November 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM Pacific Time, sunshine86 wrote:
So? How was it? How did everything go? Did you face any challenges?

I thought it might be interesting to take a poll, since Thanksgiving is the ultimate glutton holiday, that we can no longer celebrate to the fullest extent anymore LOL.

Personally, my day was really nice.... love spending time with the family! Dinner rolled around and I filled up a HUGE plate full of food..... ate till I was full (which didn't take long!).... and saved the left for leftovers. Seemed to work pretty well.... I'm a slow eater.... so by the time I was done with my tiny amount, everyone else was about done gorging themselves..... so we all got to sit there and moan and groan about how full we were LOL.

I had a little bit of a hard time getting the turkey down comfortably.... I like the light turkey and it's a bit dryer than dark meat. And I didn't feel too guilty about eating pumpkin pie.... my boyfriend made it sugar-free.... so it's basically like eating squash, right? :) :P

How did you guys do? Is there anything you would do different in the future?

Sorry, this was my first major holiday since surgery.... so I'm curious to hear :)
Good morning Sunshine! 

It sounds like you did great with the food choices!  I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

I had family "issues" erupt the day before so it sure killed the "happy" that I'd been planning for.  But....we salvaged it and enjoyed the day.  I ate VERY well on Thanksgiving and had made s/f jello, s/f pumpkin pie, s/f cranberry, and s/f sweet potatoes (brown sugar splenda is the BEST!)

However, I still can't wrap my brain around throwing the leftovers out so my biggest challenge is to just STOP!!!  I divided most of the stuff into small containers and stuck them right away in the freezer but I've been grazing way toooooo much!

I hope up this morning, fixed a protein drink, cooked some eggs and am going to get my body moving after Church & take my pudgy doggy on a long walk!

I've got to make a serious plan for the balance of time from now til after New Years or I'll be packing TEN extra pounds in a hurry!

I am going to every support group available to me for the month of December!!!! 

I'll see you on December  1st at Banner Gateway!!!

Huggggzzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

sunshine86
on 11/29/09 1:14 am
What would the holidays be without some family issues? lol.... I think we ALL have those :)

Brown sugar splenda sounds awesome.... I had no idea it even existed..... I'm going to have to try that out!!

I totally hear you about the grazing.... I've been trying to keep busy to avoid it..... but it seems like old habits die hard!!! I'm going to call on Monday and schedule an appointment for a fill. I think my indigestion stuff has finally settled down enough that I should be able to tolerate a tighter band.

Lady Lithia
on 12/1/09 10:35 am
My T-day was great.... I made goal on T-day morning!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

sunshine86
on 12/2/09 12:31 am
Woohoo, congrats!! I bet that feels good!! :)

JRinAZ
on 12/2/09 5:49 am - Layton, UT
On December 1, 2009 at 6:35 PM Pacific Time, Lady Lithia wrote:
My T-day was great.... I made goal on T-day morning!
Woooooo Hooooo!

GOAL is an amazing miracle that few of us get to shout about!  I'll bet you ate your turkey with much grattitude!!!

Soooo...come on out to our Feb 13th event and be part of the Before and After  Celebration!

Email me, K!!!!
[email protected]

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active