Gas Pain & Possible Heartburn..HELP!!

Celeste B.
on 11/16/09 8:41 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Hey BAF Fam.  

I had my RNY 06/18/07 and have lost over 150lbs and have not had any issues. Now, me and my BF are trying to have a little one.

HOWEVER,

Since night before last I have had sum very very bad gas pains. I am havin issues doing #2 and I am about frustrated. I bought sum Prilosec OTC, Chewable Rolaids (berry flavor), and some GasX (chewable).

So, I can feel the bubbles in my stomach but cannot do an official Bowel Movement. And sometimes I get a little pressure in my chest. 

Idk, just curious if anyone else has had these issues and if it is something for me to worry about. Is there a quicker fix to get rid of it. This is my first time w/this issue.
JRinAZ
on 11/16/09 10:10 am - Layton, UT
On November 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM Pacific Time, willsgnc wrote:
Hey BAF Fam.  

I had my RNY 06/18/07 and have lost over 150lbs and have not had any issues. Now, me and my BF are trying to have a little one.

HOWEVER,

Since night before last I have had sum very very bad gas pains. I am havin issues doing #2 and I am about frustrated. I bought sum Prilosec OTC, Chewable Rolaids (berry flavor), and some GasX (chewable).

So, I can feel the bubbles in my stomach but cannot do an official Bowel Movement. And sometimes I get a little pressure in my chest. 

Idk, just curious if anyone else has had these issues and if it is something for me to worry about. Is there a quicker fix to get rid of it. This is my first time w/this issue.
Did you contact your doc?

to rule out:....heart, ulcer, gallbladder, hernia, stricture, etc.

Post-Op "issues" are relatively common and OTC prilosec, tylenol, .....stuff....can often do the trick but if you're definitely planning to bring a wee one into the world then you'd better make sure his or her form of transportation is healthy and ready to go!

Good luck!  Sorry you're feeling yucky!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Celeste B.
on 11/17/09 12:51 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
 thank you so much Joyce,

Yes, I am going to be makaing me a doctors appointment today. Well, I am going to call them to make an appointment. To get a thorough check up
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 9:12 am - AZ
On November 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM Pacific Time, willsgnc wrote:
Hey BAF Fam.  

HOWEVER,

Rolaids are made from calcium carbonate.  Same as TUMS.  The probem with calcium carbonate is that it causes rebound acid.  While it helps the immediate problem it actually causes more acid after it leaves your stomach.

Maybe try Gaviscon instead?

sunshine86
on 11/25/09 2:56 am
After reading your symptoms, gallbladder is my very first thought.

I've been experiencing the EXACT same issues.... and thought it was just heartburn. I tried EVERYTHING..... Tums, Rolaids, Zantac, Pepcid Complete, Pepto Bismol, etc etc..... NOTHING worked!!! So I started doing a little research and discovered that my symptoms pointed to gallbladder issues..... and gallbladder issues are very common in the weight loss surgery community.... as you lose all that weight, your liver/gallbladder have to work overtime to process all the fat out.

I'd definitely reccommend sticking to a strict low-fat diet, and talking to your doctor if possible.

I personally no longer have health insurance (sigh).... so I opted for the "homeopathic" hippie route.... increased my fiber, cut out fats, and am basically now a strict vegetarian. So far, so good..... I've lost even more weight.... and the heartburn, gas cramps and heavy chest feeling are all gone.
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Most Active