My first Post-OP labs * nightmare!!!!!!

Nancy S.
on 11/12/09 3:00 am - Mesa, AZ
Three hours at Sonora labs this morning...Had to be fasting and just in the middle,  their computers went down and they went  "manual", The lab tech had NEVER done the paperwork for the labs that Dr. S. had ordered before, some vials had to be frozen, ect.
I had to be poked FOUR times to get enough blood for all the tubes!
Glad that's over, lead time on those labs is almost a month! before appt..
Now I wait for results and pray they are good!
xo Nancy

ginau
on 11/12/09 7:29 am - mesa, AZ
Hi Nancy

I know the drill well, I have 1 girl at a local Sonoraquest ( Kelly)  and she is the only one I allow to draw - she made a cheat sheet and  has it down pat .  I start drinking lots of water the night before and  she  gets the 11 vials in 2 pokes.

hang in there.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nancy S.
on 11/12/09 8:21 am - Mesa, AZ
Jeanna,
Which Sonora is Kelly at? The one I went to was across the street from banner Baywood, and now I know  they take appts and it would be worth it to drive to someone who knew what they were doing the first time. I got a call from them about 2:30 this afternoon... the tech missed a vial and now I have to go back in the morning, fasting again to have four more drawn because he missed one and they have to be drawn at the same time argggggh!
Also are you going to the sat support group this week? I have about 4 tubs of protein powder to give you, that I don't care for and al lot of samples as well. A big freebie if you want them! xo nancy

ginau
on 11/12/09 9:05 am - mesa, AZ
Nancy

Kelly is at the Lab on Warner  between  Alma School & Az Ave  - Chandler  by todays woman  care center.  You can go online and  make your appt..  Also Jen should be able to put in a standing lab order for you.  Just ask her

I am not sure I will be at this  Sats meeting. We are  making final arrangements  for my Mom's  funeral  out in Apache Junction.  But I will be at next Thursdays HM meeting. I would love to see what ya  have ... 

P.S.  hope they didnt scare poop out of ya when they called, They did the same thing to me the first 2 times - thats when I asked to have the same person do it .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nancy S.
on 11/12/09 9:03 pm - Mesa, AZ
Jeanna, so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom, boy, both you and Joyce have have such sorrow this past couple of months. I will bring all my "protein stuff" to the HM group for you!
take care and my prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. xo nancy

Most Active