looking for people who have had weight loss surgery with phoenix health plan or bridgeway

azfrancine
on 11/12/09 10:29 am - camp verde, AZ
I  got a notice in the mail that my time has come to change plans if i wish to, ive been struggling to get a surgeon for about 4 years now, originaly on mercy care and apipa doors got closed on me many times with surgeons dropping insurances, now i am on bridgeway and last i heard bridgeway has no one in their network.. i was told to call diferent surgeons to ask if they will accept bridgeway. i have my choice now to go to phoenix health plan or stay with bridgeway. i really need some advice im at 480lbs now i need  help with finding a dr and or wich insurance would best serve my needs i live about 100 miles from phoenix but any travel would be worth it in the end please advise thank you and if you have these insurances and have had wls any input would be awesome ty i have 20 days to change my insurance so time is essentual
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 9:19 am - AZ
On November 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM Pacific Time, azfrancine wrote:
I  got a notice in the mail that my time has come to change plans if i wish to, ive been struggling to get a surgeon for about 4 years now, originaly on mercy care and apipa doors got closed on me many times with surgeons dropping insurances, now i am on bridgeway and last i heard bridgeway has no one in their network.. i was told to call diferent surgeons to ask if they will accept bridgeway. i have my choice now to go to phoenix health plan or stay with bridgeway. i really need some advice im at 480lbs now i need  help with finding a dr and or wich insurance would best serve my needs i live about 100 miles from phoenix but any travel would be worth it in the end please advise thank you and if you have these insurances and have had wls any input would be awesome ty i have 20 days to change my insurance so time is essentual

I feel for you.  A friend of mine has AHCCCS (I forget which plan) and she is in desperate need of a revision from band to bypass.  She can't get into any WLS surgeon because they all have 2-3 year waiting lists.  She has such severe reflux from banding that stomach acid has burned out her sinuses at night and this is causing chronic nosebleeds.

I would suggest contacting every single WLS surgeon in AZ and asking them if they accept AHCCCS and then ask which plan and if they have a waiting list.

Most Active