R U thankful 2?

JRinAZ
on 11/8/09 11:33 pm - Layton, UT

Anticipating the Holidays!  I don't have a bit of exta cash to invest in lavish gifts.  I don't have an exciting trip planned.  I don't have my plastic sugery scheduled. 

BUT......  I DO have soooooo many amazing blessings! 

My family is the best and so suppotive!
My health is better than it's been in years!  (still working on perfect)
My body image is miles ahead of where it's been in past years.
I have a great job!

and.....as I think of the BIG T Day meal.....I am thinking of fabulous dishes I can prepare for others!  Food is kind of functional for me now.  I am most charged up for chatting, games, lots of laughing......good old fashioned family & friend memories

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Any special recipes planned?

Milestones reached since last  Thanksgiving?

I'm in South Dakota for a few days helping my sick DIL & playing with my 2 yr old grandson!  Good times!  Was holding him on my lap yesterday at chuch (yup, I have a lap now!  LOL!) and realized that I can snuggle my grand kiddos a lot closer than I could my own kids.  Balancing toddlers on my extra 160 lb body was exhausting.

WLS is at the top of my "grattitude list"! 

How about you?

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

valarie30
on 11/9/09 2:51 am - phoenix, AZ
 i cant wait to have a lap again :)

dbuckeye
on 11/9/09 5:30 am - Sun City, AZ
I will be spending Thanksgiving at my sisters house.  With us and our friends being from out of state.  We all bring a dish and have a get-to-gather.  We will eat and play games.  There will be 2 dogs that will demand walks so we get are exercises as well.  I will bring the deviled eggs.

I weigh 89 lbs. less than last year. 
Down several sizes in clothes.
Even though I don't have any babies to hold, I still notice how my lap has expanded.  Wonderful!
Most Active