dumping

1lessJulie
on 11/3/09 6:07 am
OK, it's official  dumping syndrome SUCKS!!!  I should have known better then order what I ordered but with the protien powder I thought it would be ok-WRONG!!!  Apparently P&B Moo-d at Jumba Juice is something that tastes absolutely wonderful but something my new tummy doesn't like... oh well.  Have to try new things to see what I can tolerate-Right. LOL
JRinAZ
on 11/3/09 7:17 am - Layton, UT
On November 3, 2009 at 2:07 PM Pacific Time, 1lessJulie wrote:
OK, it's official  dumping syndrome SUCKS!!!  I should have known better then order what I ordered but with the protien powder I thought it would be ok-WRONG!!!  Apparently P&B Moo-d at Jumba Juice is something that tastes absolutely wonderful but something my new tummy doesn't like... oh well.  Have to try new things to see what I can tolerate-Right. LOL
Yup!  I had to find out the hard way too!  Jamba Juice is not a sponsor on this website for a reason!  LOL!

Dumping really rocks though!  I love immediate discipline for a rotten choice!  LOL!  (but just not when I'm in the middle of it......it's more like "KILL me NOW!!!"

Trying new things is good.... most of the time!!! 

See you at support group in a couple!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

FLGail
on 11/3/09 7:54 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, I had the surgery almost 4 years ago and I still dump depending on what I eat once of course now in a long while, however when I first had the surgery I dumped quite often and Yes  it defintely was no fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gail
Ann M.
on 11/3/09 9:01 am - Peoria, AZ
Hey Julie, I've been there and done that.  I actually wish I'd dump more.  It would make me make better choices.  Juice of any kind, unless you cut it 4 to 1 or more with water, is a no no.  It's concentrated and you're getting the full sugar effect (as you found out).  I hope you're doing better now.  When the dump starts, drink lots of water to help flu**** out as fast as you can.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
1lessJulie
on 11/3/09 9:36 am
Thank you all for the replies... I guess its all part of the learning process-LOL. 
beckipoohbear
on 11/3/09 11:29 am - AZ
 I don't know how far out you are but the P&B Mood is probably one of the worst smoothies at jamba juice you can have because it has the juice and the frozen yogurt and everything.  At the very beginning I would VERY occasionally have a small jamba juice and I would use the all fruit and added protein powder.  Now my favorite is the Protein Berry Workout (which is just soy milk, protein powder and the fruit) with a flax and fiber boost.  I don't have these often, maybe once a month or so as a quick breakfast on the go but I also don't dump so that makes it easier too.

You'll figure out what works for you, just takes some trial and error.  I would definitely stay away from any smoothie that has frozen yogurt or sherbet in it :)

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

1lessJulie
on 11/3/09 12:00 pm
Thanks for the advice... I wish you were there w/me this morning, it would have saved me a lot of pain.  It's only been 3 months since my surgery and I know I shouldn't have even walked in there, but I did and I learned my lesson- tha hard way.  I'll have to try the Berry Workout one sometime when I get the courage up to go back into there.

Julie
dbuckeye
on 11/4/09 12:57 am - Sun City, AZ

Julie,

Hope you are feeling much better today.  That is a terrible feeling. We all hope it never happens again.

Debbie

mikiec
on 11/9/09 1:38 am - Peoria, AZ
Can someone absolutely, positively describe dumping? 

Mike

1lessJulie
on 11/9/09 8:58 am
Mike

From what I understand dumping varies depending on the person and what you eat.  For me, well it would be best described as eating a bowl of hot chili w/three to for times more beans and NO beano in sight.  The gas pains were horrible and had to do a lot of walking to the feeling to settle down.  It didn't last long, but it did feel like an eternity.

I hope that helped you some.

Julie
Most Active