Fills for those banded in Mexico

cmego
on 11/4/09 5:43 am

I have a friend who was banded in Mexico a year ago. She has had some serious health issues, not related to the band, has lost a significant amount of weight and is pbing regularly. It sounds like she needs an unfill so her family is asking me who she can go see for a fill in Arizona.
Since Dr. Simpson was my doctor, I don't know who to refer her to other than Fill Centers USA?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Chantel

JRinAZ
on 11/4/09 7:37 am - Layton, UT
On November 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM Pacific Time, Chantel P. wrote:

I have a friend who was banded in Mexico a year ago. She has had some serious health issues, not related to the band, has lost a significant amount of weight and is pbing regularly. It sounds like she needs an unfill so her family is asking me who she can go see for a fill in Arizona.
Since Dr. Simpson was my doctor, I don't know who to refer her to other than Fill Centers USA?

Thanks in advance!

Chantel

Ahhh Chantel!  I'll bet she's miserable in spite of her WL!

Fill Center USA is great!....used to work with them a bit....
Wendy from the mountains gets a lot of good publicity?  (check on lapband forum for details)

have you checked with all programs for the "out of Country" patient follow-up?

A friend on this site had her band done in Canada and has paid to be part of the Banner Gateway follow-up program. (very pricey in my mind but......better than misery and even worse!)

Any possibilitiy family or friends could get her back to her Mx surgeon?

Dr. Simpson may have some great recommendations?

How are YOU doing?

Hugggzzz to your friend!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

marcie K.
on 11/4/09 1:19 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
If Tucson is close enough I'd highly recommend Scott Lopez.  He has the lapband fill center located in Tucson.  He has lots of training in follow up care and is great; he'll listen to you and help with problems.  I've had a lot of problems and he seems to be the only one who will listen to me.  He will take insurance or if it is out of pocket the prices are $50 for an apt no fill/ $100 for apt w/fill.  520-882-4200
iisme
on 11/13/09 11:23 am
I know that my surgeon will see other surgeon's LapBand patients.
I might add that I absolutely love Dr Berger too!  :)

10 pounds loss pre-op
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/09 4:10 am - AZ
On November 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM Pacific Time, Chantel P. wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Chantel

Quite a few...

Tempe - Orris or DeBarros
Phoeinx - Wendy Hall
Flagg - Beger or Aldridge
Tucson - I forget their names but there are two docs and one nurse practitioner
Mexicali - 55 miles west of Yuma is my surgeon Dr. Acevces and he sees anyone's patients as well.  A fill with fluoro for non patients is $175 or if she is part of our Phoenix lunches it's $75.

Most Active