Sort of a milestone....

sunshine86
on 11/2/09 1:40 pm
I was just updating my tracking junk (I've been keeping spreadsheets of my BMI & weight loss... I'm weird).....

I've been totally down on myself because I've *only* lost 40lbs since my surgery 4 months ago, despite sticking to the diet VERY strictly.

But then I realized... I really only had about 100lbs to lose total.... I'm really short, so I fall into the "lightweight" category as far as WLS goes....

So 40lbs..... out of 100lbs total.... means that I have lost 40% of my excess weight in four months.

I still have a long way to go.... it feels like an uphill battle since I also have to factor in my PCOS and other hormonal issues that screw with my metabolism and make weight loss even more difficult despite the surgery.... but realizing that I'm 40% there..... totally just made my day.

Thanks for letting me share!! :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 11/3/09 12:39 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
40 lbs. in 4 month!!!!!!!! You should be very proud of yourself.  You are doing great. 
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

JRinAZ
on 11/3/09 2:29 am - Layton, UT
On November 2, 2009 at 9:40 PM Pacific Time, sunshine86 wrote:
I was just updating my tracking junk (I've been keeping spreadsheets of my BMI & weight loss... I'm weird).....

I've been totally down on myself because I've *only* lost 40lbs since my surgery 4 months ago, despite sticking to the diet VERY strictly.

But then I realized... I really only had about 100lbs to lose total.... I'm really short, so I fall into the "lightweight" category as far as WLS goes....

So 40lbs..... out of 100lbs total.... means that I have lost 40% of my excess weight in four months.

I still have a long way to go.... it feels like an uphill battle since I also have to factor in my PCOS and other hormonal issues that screw with my metabolism and make weight loss even more difficult despite the surgery.... but realizing that I'm 40% there..... totally just made my day.

Thanks for letting me share!! :)
Hiya Sunshine!
40 pounds is amazing for anyone but especially if hurdles like medical issues are thrown in your path!

I understand about that "short" thing....it seems the numbers that other's toss around for goal weights would be Heavenly!  ...but, those of us who are verticcally challenged have got the lower numbers on our Target sheets!!!!

We CAN do it!

Weigh 2 go!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

sunshine86
on 11/3/09 3:20 am
Thanks everyone!! :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Pakrn
on 11/8/09 12:29 am - Levittown, PA
Congratulations Sunshine 86,

Any weight lost is a major accomplishment for us. Hopefully to never see those lost pounds again is a BIGGER accomplishment. Keep up the great work.

Take Care, Pat K.
                                       Many receive advice, only the wise benefit from it!    
Most Active