LAST Chandler Support mtg & info....

JRinAZ
on 10/28/09 6:19 am - Layton, UT
What a great evening.....so much animated chatter that we were sounding like a little beehive at times!  LOL!  We had the most engaging, honest group that I've been to ever!

Attending our last group meeting was:
  Ellen, Gil, Jeanna, Lisa, Eydi and her handsome hubby, Pam & Wayne, Joyce, Lori, Michelle, and researching new friend:  Monica!
  Almost all of us headed over to Mimi's to enjoy even more chatter and some yummy, healthy nibbles!  We lingered long and finally hugged, waved, shook hands and agreed to keep in touch and to keep up the support!

As promised, I'm posting support group options so all can continue receiving and giving! 

East Valley groups open  to EVERYONE:

Banner Gateway (Dcotor's are Podkamini and Schuster) is located south of the 60 on Higley in Gilbert.  The rooms are just past the cafeteria and down the hall.

1st Tuesday of every month is the Nutrition lead group.  6 to 7:30 pm  I really like the NUT with this program.  She's animated and more on target with info than most I"ve met.

2nd Weds:  their exercise physiologist facilitates 6 pm

3rd Weds:  Psych faciliated by Dr. Goodhall.  4:30 pm; often a small enough group to get some great individual therapy!  I try not to miss this one!

Stay tuned for a possible "Back on Track" support group with Banner which may begin in January.

Phoenix St Luke's (Doctor's Juarez and Fang) hosts the AZ Graduates of WLS support group.  My hubby, Jim usually facilitates this one but I step in from time to time.  You have to be 1 year post-op to participate but it open to EVERYONE.  It is the 1st Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm.  We meet in the room to the left of the Bridges main education room.  You can stay and join the 6:30 pm General support group.  It is psych facilitated.

Tempe St Luke's (Doctor's Schlesinger and Simon) meets the 2nd Saturday of every month at 1 pm  The room is 208 in the Medical bldg just west of the main hospital.  This is open to EVERYONE and is attended by Dr. Schlesinger in case folks have some Q & A.

The Highly Malabsorptive Support Group meets the 3rd Thursday of every month from 6 to 7:30.  It's in the same room/location as the general support group mentioned above.  (aka HM group for Revisions or newbies with Distal or Extended Rny's or DS)  This is peer faciliated (me) but is attended by Dr. Schlesinger.

There are other groups around Arizona that are open to all.  You can refer to the message posts on www.obesityhelp.com, the Arizona Forum, for the updated list and locations.

The websites of the hospitals will post changes.  All the programs have mentioned changes ahead for January so keep in touch!
    ~Those who attend support groups are those who will reach and maintain their weight loss goals~

On-line option: www.obesityhelp.com (tread lightly and stay out of flame therads!  LOL!) They have state forums, procedure type forums, special interest forums, etc.  as well as oodles of research & inspiring threads.

I'll post other links as I gather them.  If anyone has some great support sites that they frequent then let us know!

Chandler Group?  We will meet on the 4th Tuesday of January for a "check in" evening and to determine if we want to plan anything further.

Happy Halloween friends! Trick O' Treater

Consider passing out "non food" items or treats that YOU don't like!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active