So I have a consultation with Dr Juarez....

stephaniewhite06
on 10/20/09 1:44 pm - Houston, TX
on Nov. 3rd. I have my referral letter and all my charts, labs, food charts and everything from my doctor faxed to him. I am wondering... from my first visit, November 3rd... how long will it take (approximately) to acually have the surgery? I am excited and can't wait. Also, anyone who has had any dealing with Dr Juarez.. how is he as a surgeon, with follow-up care? I just want to know as much info as I can ...

Stephanie White
dmwilson
on 10/21/09 1:04 pm - tucson, AZ
Hi Stephanie,
I just had my surgery revision with Dr. Juaraez on Oct.1 and I loved him . He's very personable and is very involved with u. I started my journey for revision surgery 4 months ago I had all my ducks in a row when I went for my consiltation. Once my approval came from my Insurance which only took 5 days, I was scheduled for surgery 3 weeks later. It went pretty fast for me . I think most people wait longer for the insurance approval then they do there surgery date. Hope this helps.

Best of Luck
Diane
stephaniewhite06
on 10/22/09 4:12 pm - Houston, TX
I am sorry and this question may sound stupid.. but what is a revision? lol

thanks!
dmwilson
on 10/23/09 4:17 am - tucson, AZ
I had my initial RNY in 2005 and at this point it was'nt working for me anymore My stomach and stoma had enlarged and I  had cronic vomitting due to  to much acid in my stomach I also gaine 40 pds after losing a total of 130pd. . So either when you go to be repaired or u go to have a different type of weight loss surgery for the second time due to the first surgery failing us it is considered a revision. Hope this helped.
Diane
stephaniewhite06
on 10/24/09 11:56 am - Houston, TX

Thanks for the info.

Most Active